Metformin and Acinetobacter infection - from FDA reports
Acinetobacter infection is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Omeprazole, and have Cytomegalovirus infection. This review analyzes which people have Acinetobacter infection with Metformin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 191,114 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 25, 2017
191,114 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 6 people (0.0%) have Acinetobacter infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Acinetobacter infection when taking Metformin *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Acinetobacter infection when taking Metformin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Ulcerative Colitis (1 person, 16.67%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 person, 16.67%)
- Preventive Health Care (1 person, 16.67%)
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma (1 person, 16.67%)
- Cytomegalovirus Infection (1 person, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ramipril (4 people, 66.67%)
- Omeprazole (4 people, 66.67%)
- Metronidazole (3 people, 50.00%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 50.00%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 50.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Staphylococcal Infection (5 people, 83.33%)
- Drug Ineffective (3 people, 50.00%)
- Cytomegalovirus Enteritis (3 people, 50.00%)
- Candiduria (3 people, 50.00%)
- Acute Kidney Failure (3 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acinetobacter infection when taking Metformin?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 198,696 users)
Acinetobacter infection (infection by group of bacteria commonly found in soil and water) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, acinetobacter infection, kidney transplant, crohn's disease, immunodeficiency disorders (latest reports from 764 Acinetobacter infection patients).