Review: could Metformin cause Gingival bleeding?
Summary: Gingival bleeding is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Diabetes.
We study 97,488 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA and social media. Among them, 124 have Gingival bleeding. Find out below who they are, when they have Gingival bleeding and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metformin and have Gingival bleeding >>>
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 101,032 Metformin users)
Gingival bleeding (bleeding gums) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 6,010 Gingival bleeding patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 97,464 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin. Among them, 124 people (0.13%) have Gingival Bleeding.
Time on Metformin when people have Gingival bleeding * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Gingival bleeding||75.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Gingival bleeding when taking Metformin * :
|Gingival bleeding||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Gingival bleeding when taking Metformin * :
|Gingival bleeding||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.90%||8.11%||9.91%||81.08% |
Severity of Gingival bleeding when taking Metformin ** :
How people recovered from Gingival bleeding ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (27 people, 21.77%)
- Multiple myeloma (20 people, 16.13%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 10.48%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 8.87%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (10 people, 8.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (72 people, 58.06%)
- Zometa (32 people, 25.81%)
- Zantac (31 people, 25.00%)
- Fosamax (29 people, 23.39%)
- Aredia (27 people, 21.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metformin and gingival bleeding on
Do you have Gingival Bleeding while taking Metformin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metformin and have Gingival Bleeding
- support group for people who take Metformin
- support group for people who have Gingival Bleeding
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Rosuvastatin Calcium, Metformin, Gliclazide for a 81-year old man with Diabetes. The patient has Diabetes
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Metformin, Glimepiride for a 45-year old woman with Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes.
- A study of drug interactions between Zopiclone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Metformin for a 47-year old woman with Insomnia, Depression, Insulin Resistance. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Macrobid, Effexor Xr, Metformin for a 58-year old woman with Urinary Tract Infection, Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Vomiting, Night Sweats, Urge Incontinence, Ear Congestion, Cough, Chest Ct, Scan Lymph Nodes
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Krill Oil, Aspirin, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Metformin, Gabapentin, Tecfidera for a 56-year old woman with Bone Health, Ms, Heart Health, Blood Pressure - Aging Changes, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Neurological Pain.
Recent Metformin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Armour Thyroid, Metformin, Glipizide, Prednisone for a 64-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Moexipril Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Interactions
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.