Home > Metformin > Hunger > Metformin and Hunger
Review: could Metformin cause Hunger (Appetite - increased)?
We study 97,314 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA and social media. Among them, 567 have Hunger. Find out below who they are, when they have Hunger and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metformin and have Hunger >>>
Metformin (latest outcomes from 100,833 users) has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Hunger (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires) (latest reports from 59,581 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 97,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin. Among them, 567 people (0.58%) have Hunger.
Time on Metformin when people have Hunger * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hunger when taking Metformin * :
Age of people who have Hunger when taking Metformin * :
Severity of Hunger when taking Metformin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hunger ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (187 people, 32.98%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (119 people, 20.99%)
- Diabetes mellitus (110 people, 19.40%)
- Hypertension (96 people, 16.93%)
- Blood cholesterol (61 people, 10.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (425 people, 74.96%)
- Byetta (314 people, 55.38%)
- Simvastatin (75 people, 13.23%)
- Chantix (69 people, 12.17%)
- Toprol-xl (67 people, 11.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hunger while taking Metformin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metformin and have Hunger
- support group for people who take Metformin
- support group for people who have Hunger
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Metformin, Hunger
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Olfactory issues due to metformin use
I've found that the metformin does not smell especially bad, but when I first started taking it, I could smell something horrible - to the point where I pulled apart my cupboards and fridge, fully expecting to find some maggot-riddled rotting meat. Eventually I realized I was smelling normal smel ...
- Metformin changes in mentrual cycle
At age 55, I started to enter menopause. When it began to taper off a couple of years ago, only one ovary was functioning, and my periods lasted only 1-2 days with minimal flow. Hadn't had a period in 4 months. Still had some PMS symptoms, but no flow. Was prescribed Metformin for pre-diabetes. My ...
More reviews for: Metformin, Hunger
On eHealthMe, Metformin (metformin hydrochloride) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Metformin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metformin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Metformin, Hunger
Recent Metformin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Metformin, Hunger
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (18 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (42 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (55 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Stools Pale Or Clay Colored
- Disturbance In Sexual Arousal