Review: could Metformin cause Impotence and age (Erection problems)?
Summary: Impotence and age is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Diabetes.
We study 97,507 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA and social media. Among them, 353 have Impotence and age. Find out below who they are, when they have Impotence and age and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metformin and have Impotence and age >>>
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in type 2 diabetes. (latest outcomes from 101,036 Metformin users)
Impotence and age
Impotence and age has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 31,491 Impotence and age patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 97,507 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin. Among them, 351 people (0.36%) have Impotence And Age.
Time on Metformin when people have Impotence and age * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Impotence and age||1.59%||9.52%||6.35%||12.70%||34.92%||23.81%||11.11% |
Gender of people who have Impotence and age when taking Metformin * :
|Impotence and age||2.41%||97.59% |
Age of people who have Impotence and age when taking Metformin * :
|Impotence and age||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.81%||7.83%||15.36%||39.76%||35.24% |
Severity of Impotence and age when taking Metformin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Impotence and age||1.61%||38.71%||51.61%||8.06% |
How people recovered from Impotence and age ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Impotence and age||2.63%||2.63%||94.74% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (69 people, 19.66%)
- Erectile dysfunction (64 people, 18.23%)
- Depression (52 people, 14.81%)
- Hypertension (45 people, 12.82%)
- Anxiety (27 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (195 people, 55.56%)
- Aspirin (91 people, 25.93%)
- Lisinopril (87 people, 24.79%)
- Metformin hydrochloride (64 people, 18.23%)
- Levitra (63 people, 17.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Metformin and impotence and age on
Do you have Impotence And Age while taking Metformin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metformin and have Impotence And Age
- support group for people who take Metformin
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin Xl for a 37-year old man with Depression. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Metformin Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Seveer Upper Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Glucophage, Ramipril, Sertraline for a 52-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Hot Flushes, Cough, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Xanax for a 61-year old woman with Diabetic Foot, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Brittle Nails
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
Recent Metformin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Synthroid, Metformin for a 61-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Armour Thyroid, Metformin, Glipizide, Prednisone for a 64-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.