Home > Metformin > Leg pain > Metformin and Leg pain
Review: could Metformin cause Leg pain?
We study 97,314 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Leg pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Leg pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metformin and have Leg pain >>>
Metformin (latest outcomes from 100,833 users) has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Leg pain (latest reports from 2,963 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 97,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin. Among them, 8 people (0.01%) have Leg Pain.
Time on Metformin when people have Leg pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Leg pain||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||28.57%||14.29%||28.57%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Leg pain when taking Metformin * :
|Leg pain||25.00%||75.00% |
Age of people who have Leg pain when taking Metformin * :
|Leg pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||12.50%||50.00%||25.00% |
Severity of Leg pain when taking Metformin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Leg pain||0.00%||37.50%||62.50%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Leg pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Leg pain||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (2 people, 25.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes (2 people, 25.00%)
- Diabetes (2 people, 25.00%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (1 people, 12.50%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hydrochloride (3 people, 37.50%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (2 people, 25.00%)
- Novolin r (1 people, 12.50%)
- Depo-testosterone (1 people, 12.50%)
- Asa (1 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Leg Pain while taking Metformin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metformin and have Leg Pain
- support group for people who take Metformin
- support group for people who have Leg Pain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Metformin, Leg pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Olfactory issues due to metformin use
I've found that the metformin does not smell especially bad, but when I first started taking it, I could smell something horrible - to the point where I pulled apart my cupboards and fridge, fully expecting to find some maggot-riddled rotting meat. Eventually I realized I was smelling normal smel ...
- Metformin changes in mentrual cycle
At age 55, I started to enter menopause. When it began to taper off a couple of years ago, only one ovary was functioning, and my periods lasted only 1-2 days with minimal flow. Hadn't had a period in 4 months. Still had some PMS symptoms, but no flow. Was prescribed Metformin for pre-diabetes. My ...
More reviews for: Metformin, Leg pain
On eHealthMe, Metformin (metformin hydrochloride) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Metformin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metformin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Metformin, Leg pain
Recent Metformin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Metformin, Leg pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (2 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- (3 Carboxy2 Hydroxypropyl) Trimethylammonium Hydroxide Inner Salt
- Vaginal Burning Sensation
- Ortho Novum 1/50 28