Metformin and Pre-eclampsia - from FDA reports
Pre-eclampsia is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Folic Acid, and have Type 2 diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Pre-eclampsia with Metformin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 191,114 people who have side effects when taking Metformin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 24, 2017
191,114 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin.
Among them, 48 people (0.03%) have Pre-eclampsia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Metformin when people have Pre-eclampsia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 20 %
- 1 - 2 years: 60 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pre-eclampsia when taking Metformin *:
- female: 97.67 %
- male: 2.33 %
Age of people who have Pre-eclampsia when taking Metformin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8.57 %
- 20-29: 22.86 %
- 30-39: 54.29 %
- 40-49: 8.57 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 5.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (15 people, 31.25%)
- Depression (8 people, 16.67%)
- Polycystic Ovary Disease (7 people, 14.58%)
- Hypothyroidism (6 people, 12.50%)
- Birth Control (5 people, 10.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Folic Acid (5 people, 10.42%)
- Rosiglitazone (4 people, 8.33%)
- Monopril (4 people, 8.33%)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (4 people, 8.33%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 8.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Maternal Exposure During Pregnancy (18 people, 37.50%)
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy (12 people, 25.00%)
- Premature Delivery (11 people, 22.92%)
- Premature Labor (9 people, 18.75%)
- Birth Control (7 people, 14.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pre-eclampsia when taking Metformin?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 198,696 users)
Pre-eclampsia (high blood pressure and significant amounts of protein in the urine of a pregnant woman) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, hiv infection, birth control, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 3,219 Pre-eclampsia patients).