Review: could Metformin cause Sensitivity of teeth?
Summary: Sensitivity of teeth is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 97,488 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Sensitivity of teeth. Find out below who they are, when they have Sensitivity of teeth and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metformin and have Sensitivity of teeth >>>
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 101,032 Metformin users)
Sensitivity of teeth
Sensitivity of teeth has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, multiple myeloma, metastases to bone, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 1,572 Sensitivity of teeth patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 97,488 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin. Among them, 23 people (0.02%) have Sensitivity Of Teeth.
Time on Metformin when people have Sensitivity of teeth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sensitivity of teeth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sensitivity of teeth when taking Metformin * :
|Sensitivity of teeth||52.38%||47.62% |
Age of people who have Sensitivity of teeth when taking Metformin * :
|Sensitivity of teeth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.55%||9.09%||27.27%||59.09% |
Severity of Sensitivity of teeth when taking Metformin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sensitivity of teeth||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sensitivity of teeth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sensitivity of teeth||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 17.39%)
- Diabetes mellitus (4 people, 17.39%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (3 people, 13.04%)
- Localised infection (3 people, 13.04%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (2 people, 8.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (8 people, 34.78%)
- Synthroid (5 people, 21.74%)
- Crestor (4 people, 17.39%)
- Humira (4 people, 17.39%)
- Metformin hydrochloride (4 people, 17.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sensitivity Of Teeth while taking Metformin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Metformin and have Sensitivity Of Teeth
- support group for people who take Metformin
- support group for people who have Sensitivity Of Teeth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Metformin for a 68-year old man with Diabetes. The patient has Kidney Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Nexium, Metformin, Lexapro, Levaquin for a 52-year old woman with ADHD, Acid Reflux, Diabetes, Depression, Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling, Mouth Ulcers
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Lexapro, Synthroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin for a 61-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Flank Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Actos, Metformin, Synthroid, Invokana for a 53-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Binge Eating
Recent Metformin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Armour Thyroid, Metformin, Glipizide, Prednisone for a 64-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Moexipril Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Interactions
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.