Home > Metformin > Vaginal bleeding between periods > Metformin and Vaginal bleeding between periods
Review: could Metformin cause Vaginal bleeding between periods?
Summary: Vaginal bleeding between periods is found among people who take Metformin, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Contraception.
We study 97,351 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Vaginal bleeding between periods. Find out below who they are, when they have Vaginal bleeding between periods and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metformin and have Vaginal bleeding between periods >>>
Metformin (latest outcomes from 100,884 users) has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Vaginal bleeding between periods
Vaginal bleeding between periods (latest reports from 58,033 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, menorrhagia, depression, endometriosis, menstruation irregular.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 97,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin. Among them, 42 people (0.04%) have Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods.
Time on Metformin when people have Vaginal bleeding between periods * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vaginal bleeding between periods||40.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vaginal bleeding between periods when taking Metformin * :
|Vaginal bleeding between periods||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vaginal bleeding between periods when taking Metformin * :
|Vaginal bleeding between periods||0.00%||0.00%||2.86%||17.14%||31.43%||20.00%||11.43%||17.14% |
Severity of Vaginal bleeding between periods when taking Metformin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vaginal bleeding between periods||40.00%||0.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vaginal bleeding between periods ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vaginal bleeding between periods||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (10 people, 23.81%)
- Diabetes mellitus (6 people, 14.29%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4 people, 9.52%)
- Polycystic ovaries (3 people, 7.14%)
- Amenorrhoea (3 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (23 people, 54.76%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 14.29%)
- Byetta (6 people, 14.29%)
- Lisinopril (5 people, 11.90%)
- Yaz (5 people, 11.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods while taking Metformin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metformin and have Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
- support group for people who take Metformin
- support group for people who have Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What drugs cause male breast enlargement
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Hydrocele, Breast Enlargement, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin)
At age 62 breast seam to enlarge over the last two years
- How to deal with low blood pressure caused by metformin
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Low Blood Pressure, and takes Metformin)
I was on Accupril 5 mg for more than 10 years with little or no side effects. I was diagnosed with early Type 2 diabetes and the doctor prescribed Metformin 500 mg 2 tablets a day. After about 3 months, the blood pressure was too low 88 Sistolic 45 diastolic and suffered syncope.
I reduced Accupr ...
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has DIABETES, and takes Metformin, Prilosec)
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
- Can cold sores cause bs to elevate?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Unusually Long Time Suffering With Outbreaks Of Cold Sores. BS Always In Normal Limits Unless Sick?, and takes Metformin)
type 2 non insulin dependent DM. Having severe flu like symptoms when I get cold sore. BS never out of normal range except when I get cold sores!
- I have an enlarged liver...could i use buprenorphine?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Enlarged Liver, and takes Allopurinol, Metformin, Lyrica, Morphine)
I want to know if i can take buprenorphine with an enlarged liver
More questions for: Metformin, Vaginal bleeding between periods
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with metformin hydrochloride usage
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have been taking the drug Metformin Hydrochloride for about 5 months and definitely find that I am losing hair which is a problem I have never experienced. Always had the healthiest hair, no problems. Well, I am finding that I am losing lair significantly and feel that the manufacturer of this dru ...
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Olfactory issues due to metformin use
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Infertility, and takes Metformin)
I've found that the metformin does not smell especially bad, but when I first started taking it, I could smell something horrible - to the point where I pulled apart my cupboards and fridge, fully expecting to find some maggot-riddled rotting meat. Eventually I realized I was smelling normal smel ...
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Month Long Periods Or Longer, Menstrual Cramps, Mild Endometriosis , Uterine Cyst, Vaginal Swelling , Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods, Inclusion Cyst, Abdominal Pain, and takes Norethindrone Acetate, Paragard T 380a)
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so par ...
More reviews for: Metformin, Vaginal bleeding between periods
- A study of drug interactions between Glimepiride, Metformin for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Urine Odour Foul
Comments: I am a chain smoker
- A study of drug interactions between Lactulose, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Codeine, Paracetamol, Temazepam, Magnesium Aspartate, Metformin, Aspirin, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Constipation, Coughing Up Blood, Cough, Headache, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiac Infection, Hypertension. The patient has Conjunctival Pallor, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Vomiting, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Paleness, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Coughing Up Blood, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Omeprazole for a patient with Diabetes, Gerd. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Diarrhea occurs a day and a half after taking omeprazole. This only started after starting metformin.
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Victoza, Relpax, Humalog Pen, Lantus Solostar, Etodolac, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Metformin for a patient with Chronic Depression, Chronic Insomnia, Diabetes, Migraine, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Hypertension. The patient has Dementia, Burping, Yellow Stool, Nausea, Diarrhea, Chills, Vomiting
Comments: # 3 events over 21 days - chills, vomiting, diarrhea, sulfur smelling burps, reduced cognitive abilities approx. 7 days apart.
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Accupril for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure
Comments: I was instructed to take 2 Metformin a day. This causes the blood pressure to be lowered and even after taking Accupril completely off the pressure became too low and Fainting (syncope) occurred.
More related studies for: Metformin, Vaginal bleeding between periods
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.