Review: could Methadone hydrochloride cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Methadone hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Oxycontin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 2,093 people who have side effects while taking Methadone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Dry mouth >>>
Methadone hydrochloride has active ingredients of methadone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 2,854 Methadone hydrochloride users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 30,856 Dry mouth patients)
On Mar, 24, 2015: 2,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Methadone hydrochloride. Among them, 18 people (0.86%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Methadone hydrochloride when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||33.33%||16.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Methadone hydrochloride * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||22.22%||0.00%||72.22%||0.00% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Methadone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||33.33%||16.67%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (4 people, 22.22%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 22.22%)
- Fibromyalgia (3 people, 16.67%)
- Pain (3 people, 16.67%)
- Acid reflux (2 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (8 people, 44.44%)
- Zometa (7 people, 38.89%)
- Aredia (7 people, 38.89%)
- Fentanyl (7 people, 38.89%)
- Neurontin (7 people, 38.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of methadone hydrochloride and dry mouth on
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Methadone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a 24-year old woman with Opiate Withdrawal. The patient has Swollen Throat, Swollen Tongue (swelling of tongue)
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man with Ankle Pain. The patient has Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action)
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
Recent Methadone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.