Review: could Methadone hydrochloride cause Hiccups?
Summary: Hiccups is found among people who take Methadone hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Humira, and have Pain.
We study 2,098 people who have side effects while taking Methadone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Hiccups. Find out below who they are, when they have Hiccups and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Hiccups >>>
Methadone hydrochloride has active ingredients of methadone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 2,859 Methadone hydrochloride users)
Hiccups (an involuntary spasm of the diaphragm and respiratory organs, with a sudden closure of the glottis and a sound like a cough) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, pain, multiple myeloma, quit smoking. (latest reports from 3,542 Hiccups patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 2,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Methadone hydrochloride. Among them, 12 people (0.57%) have Hiccups.
Time on Methadone hydrochloride when people have Hiccups * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Hiccups when taking Methadone hydrochloride * :
Severity of Hiccups when taking Methadone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hiccups ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (11 people, 91.67%)
- Crohn's disease (6 people, 50.00%)
- Dyspnoea (5 people, 41.67%)
- Nausea (5 people, 41.67%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma metastatic (5 people, 41.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (6 people, 50.00%)
- Ventolin (6 people, 50.00%)
- Oramorph sr (6 people, 50.00%)
- Lansoprazole (6 people, 50.00%)
- Ms contin (6 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of methadone hydrochloride and hiccups on
Do you have Hiccups while taking Methadone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Hiccups
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Hiccups
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Lamictal, Latuda, Celexa, Methadone Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr for a 35-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Bipolar 2, Drug Addiction, Anxiety. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of side effects of Ativan for a 80-year old man with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Hiccups
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Promethazine, Clonidine, Xanax, Wellbutrin, Prilosec, Garcinia Cambogia for a 29-year old woman with Withdrawal From Opioids, Nasuea, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Acid Reflux, Weight Loss.
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 25-year old man with Pain Management. The patient has Hiccups
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman with Low Back Pain. The patient has Kyphoscoliosis
Recent Methadone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Methadone Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 60-year old man who has COPD/ Methadone Matinance
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Ritalin-sr, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Methadone Hydrochloride, Gravol for a 37-year old woman who has Drug Addiction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.