Home > Methadone hydrochloride > Insomnia > Methadone hydrochloride and Insomnia
Review: could Methadone hydrochloride cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Methadone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 2,073 people who have side effects while taking Methadone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 53 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Insomnia >>>
Methadone hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 2,824 users) has active ingredients of methadone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 760,736 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 2,073 people reported to have side effects when taking Methadone hydrochloride. Among them, 54 people (2.60%) have Insomnia.
Time on Methadone hydrochloride when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Methadone hydrochloride * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Methadone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (9 people, 16.67%)
- Depression (8 people, 14.81%)
- Blood cholesterol abnormal (4 people, 7.41%)
- Osteopenia (4 people, 7.41%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (12 people, 22.22%)
- Gabapentin (12 people, 22.22%)
- Ibuprofen (11 people, 20.37%)
- Neurontin (10 people, 18.52%)
- Clonazepam (10 people, 18.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Josh (3 years ago):
i am on methadone for a little over a year and wake up in the morning with no more food in the fridge. I do not remember eating at all. i am on 120mg of methadone. my wife says i also smoke and walk and talk in my sleep and i do not remember that either. this has been going on for about 6 months now. anyone else have these problems. i eat mostly sugars in the night. my wife wants to chain me to the bed because she is afraid i will catch the house on fire from smoking and falling asleep with the cigarette in my hand.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia while taking Methadone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
More questions for: Methadone hydrochloride, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- 3 strong drugs together against neuropathic pain
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Ehlers-danlos Syndrome, Joint Hypermobility, Neuropathic Pain, and takes Pregabalin, Clonazepam, Methadone Hydrochloride)
Neuropathic pain debuted when I was 24, now I'm 50. Received diagnosed with Ehler-Danlos syndrome (EDS), joint hypermobility type, when I was 35 years old. So it can take some time to get a diagnose. And as EDS-patient I do not belong to any clinic. Orthopedics says that EDS is not orthopedic, rheum ...
- Doxylamine succinate and severe restless legs and insomnia
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Insomnia, Severe Restless Legs, and takes Doxylamine Succinate)
Could not sleep so took 2 doxylamine gel tablets. Got very sleepy but could not actually fall asleep. So I ended up, over the next few hours, taking 3 more. More sleepiness and more restless legs, and still couldn't sleep At All. Up the entire night but couldn't really do anything cause I was so ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder, Sleeping Difficulty, and takes Zolpidem Tartrate)
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
More reviews for: Methadone hydrochloride, Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Pain - Neck. The patient has Left Side Pain Below Rib Cage
Comments: I have pain on the left side of my chest below the rib cage, but I can't seem to find it though when I push on that area, but when I move or cough can feel it there. It comes and goes, but always seems to be there. I drink coffee, and have just started using a morning egg white protein mix by Jay R ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Pain. The patient has Fatigue After Sun Exposure, Back Stiffness, Dry Skin, Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears), Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
Comments: Every Saturday, I take my 100 mg dose earlier than usual (typically 2-3 hours earlier) due to working the Farmer's Markets. We may be under a tent, but it doesn't block out all sun while it is coming up to the high noon position. I am out in the sun for around 5 hours. By then, I have sweated out an ...
- A study of drug interactions between Qvar 40, Albuterol, Singulair for a patient with Pediatric Asthma. The patient has Depression, Insomnia, Irritability, Mood Swings
Comments: 4 year old son personality changed with in a week of starting singular 4 mg chew tablets for his asthma. He went from being a very calm child to very scared and easily upset. He would break down very easily and it would take 30 min to almost 1 hour to calm him down over the simplest things. He would ...
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Pepcid Complete, Sertraline, Clonidine, Vyvanse for a patient with Panic Disorder Without Agoraphobia, Acid Reflux, Depression, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Add. The patient has Bruxism, Muscle Twitching, Appetite - Decreased, Weight Fluctuation, Insomnia Exacerbated
Comments: Vyvanse is my most recently prescribed ADD medication, but I have been on various other prescriptions since the age of 9. (Adderall at first for a short time [< 1 month], stopped because it caused severe panic attacks; Concerta in increasing doses over the next 5 years, but never more than 72mg; Vyv ...
More related studies for: Methadone hydrochloride, Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.