Review: could Methadone hydrochloride cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Methadone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 2,098 people who have side effects while taking Methadone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 54 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Insomnia >>>
Methadone hydrochloride has active ingredients of methadone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 2,859 Methadone hydrochloride users)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 144,028 Insomnia patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 2,098 people reported to have side effects when taking Methadone hydrochloride. Among them, 54 people (2.57%) have Insomnia.
Time on Methadone hydrochloride when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Methadone hydrochloride * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Methadone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (9 people, 16.67%)
- Depression (8 people, 14.81%)
- Blood cholesterol abnormal (4 people, 7.41%)
- Osteopenia (4 people, 7.41%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (12 people, 22.22%)
- Gabapentin (12 people, 22.22%)
- Ibuprofen (11 people, 20.37%)
- Neurontin (10 people, 18.52%)
- Clonazepam (10 people, 18.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Josh (3 years ago):
i am on methadone for a little over a year and wake up in the morning with no more food in the fridge. I do not remember eating at all. i am on 120mg of methadone. my wife says i also smoke and walk and talk in my sleep and i do not remember that either. this has been going on for about 6 months now. anyone else have these problems. i eat mostly sugars in the night. my wife wants to chain me to the bed because she is afraid i will catch the house on fire from smoking and falling asleep with the cigarette in my hand.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of methadone hydrochloride and insomnia on
Do you have Insomnia while taking Methadone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Diamox for a 38-year old woman with Ih. The patient has Intranasal Numbness, Tiredness, Muscle Cramps, Shortness Of Breath, Kidney Palpable, Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Keppra for a 19-year old boy with Sleep Disorder, Hyperactivity, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Insomnia, Hyperactivity, Erythromelalgia
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Lamictal, Latuda, Celexa, Methadone Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr for a 35-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Bipolar 2, Drug Addiction, Anxiety. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of side effects of Prilosec Otc for a 51-year old woman with Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Insomnia Exacerbated, Nausea, Weight Gain, Excessive Hunger
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Nexium, Lamictal, Keppra for a 42-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Acid Reflux, Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Constipation, Insomnia, Blurred Vision, Pressure Of Speech
Recent Methadone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Methadone Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 60-year old man who has COPD/ Methadone Matinance
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Ritalin-sr, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Methadone Hydrochloride, Gravol for a 37-year old woman who has Drug Addiction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.