Review: could Methadone hydrochloride cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Methadone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 2,093 people who have side effects while taking Methadone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 53 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Insomnia >>>
Methadone hydrochloride has active ingredients of methadone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 2,848 Methadone hydrochloride users)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 143,888 Insomnia patients)
On Feb, 19, 2015: 2,088 people reported to have side effects when taking Methadone hydrochloride. Among them, 54 people (2.59%) have Insomnia.
Time on Methadone hydrochloride when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Methadone hydrochloride * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Methadone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (9 people, 16.67%)
- Depression (8 people, 14.81%)
- Blood cholesterol abnormal (4 people, 7.41%)
- Osteopenia (4 people, 7.41%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (12 people, 22.22%)
- Gabapentin (12 people, 22.22%)
- Ibuprofen (11 people, 20.37%)
- Neurontin (10 people, 18.52%)
- Clonazepam (10 people, 18.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Josh (3 years ago):
i am on methadone for a little over a year and wake up in the morning with no more food in the fridge. I do not remember eating at all. i am on 120mg of methadone. my wife says i also smoke and walk and talk in my sleep and i do not remember that either. this has been going on for about 6 months now. anyone else have these problems. i eat mostly sugars in the night. my wife wants to chain me to the bed because she is afraid i will catch the house on fire from smoking and falling asleep with the cigarette in my hand.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of methadone hydrochloride and insomnia on
Do you have Insomnia while taking Methadone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man with Ankle Pain. The patient has Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action)
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 82-year old man with Melanin. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Cymbalta, Glumetza for a 60-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Thyroid Cancer - Papillary Carcinoma, Pain - Back, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Insomnia, Hip Pain, Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
Recent Methadone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.