Review: could Methadone hydrochloride cause Muscle twitching?
Summary: Muscle twitching is found among people who take Methadone hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Lyrica, and have Back pain.
We study 2,093 people who have side effects while taking Methadone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Muscle twitching. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle twitching and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Muscle twitching >>>
Methadone hydrochloride has active ingredients of methadone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 2,854 Methadone hydrochloride users)
Muscle twitching has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 11,065 Muscle twitching patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 2,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Methadone hydrochloride. Among them, 14 people (0.67%) have Muscle Twitching.
Time on Methadone hydrochloride when people have Muscle twitching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle twitching||28.57%||0.00%||42.86%||14.29%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Methadone hydrochloride * :
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.38%||30.77%||30.77%||23.08%||0.00% |
Severity of Muscle twitching when taking Methadone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle twitching||14.29%||14.29%||57.14%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Muscle twitching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain (2 people, 14.29%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 7.14%)
- Opportunistic infection prophylaxis (1 people, 7.14%)
- Hiv infection (1 people, 7.14%)
- Breakthrough pain (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (3 people, 21.43%)
- Ativan (2 people, 14.29%)
- Amytriptyline (1 people, 7.14%)
- Oxycodone hcl (1 people, 7.14%)
- Roxicodone (1 people, 7.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of methadone hydrochloride and muscle twitching on
Do you have Muscle Twitching while taking Methadone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Muscle Twitching
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Muscle Twitching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a 24-year old woman with Opiate Withdrawal. The patient has Swollen Throat, Swollen Tongue (swelling of tongue)
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man with Ankle Pain. The patient has Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action)
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Lexapro for a 45-year old woman with Yeast Infection - Vagina, Anxiety. The patient has Muscle Twitching
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Norco for a 52-year old man with Back Pain. The patient has Ringing In The Ears, Lightheadedness
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Singulair, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman with Separation Anxiety, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Asthma, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Allergies. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Peripheral, Muscle Twitching, Pulse, Sleeping Difficulty, Weight Loss, Anxiety, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Recent Methadone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.