Review: could Methadone hydrochloride cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is found among people who take Methadone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 2,098 people who have side effects while taking Methadone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 72 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Shortness of breath >>>
Methadone hydrochloride has active ingredients of methadone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 2,859 Methadone hydrochloride users)
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,511 Shortness of breath patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 2,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Methadone hydrochloride. Among them, 72 people (3.44%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Methadone hydrochloride when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||60.00% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Methadone hydrochloride * :
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||20.00%||48.33%||15.00% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Methadone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||20.00%||60.00%||0.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (10 people, 13.89%)
- Prophylaxis (8 people, 11.11%)
- Multiple myeloma (7 people, 9.72%)
- Metastases to bone (5 people, 6.94%)
- Breast cancer (5 people, 6.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (32 people, 44.44%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 26.39%)
- Neurontin (18 people, 25.00%)
- Nexium (18 people, 25.00%)
- Dilaudid (18 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Methadone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ms Contin for a 43-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Breathing Difficulty
- A study of side effects of ASA for a 33-year old man with Pain. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Lightheadedness, Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Zanaflex, Vistaril, Methadone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl-100, Remeron for a 29-year old woman with Depression, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Fibromyalgia, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition.
- A study of side effects of Glipizide for a 78-year old woman with Low Blood Sugar. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a 71-year old man with Blood Thinner. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Recent Methadone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Remeron, Vistaril, Methadone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl-100 for a 29-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Methadone Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 60-year old man who has COPD/ Methadone Matinance
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Ritalin-sr, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.