Review: could Methadone hydrochloride cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people who take Methadone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Gabapentin, and have Pain.
We study 2,098 people who have side effects while taking Methadone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 61 have Stomach pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Stomach pain >>>
Methadone hydrochloride has active ingredients of methadone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 2,857 Methadone hydrochloride users)
Stomach pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 78,069 Stomach pain patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 2,098 people reported to have side effects when taking Methadone hydrochloride. Among them, 57 people (2.72%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Methadone hydrochloride when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||6.25%||12.50%||6.25%||25.00%||25.00%||6.25%||18.75% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Methadone hydrochloride * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||3.92%||11.76%||19.61%||9.80%||41.18%||13.73% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Methadone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||16.67%||0.00%||83.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (9 people, 15.79%)
- Nausea (6 people, 10.53%)
- Abdominal pain (6 people, 10.53%)
- Depression (5 people, 8.77%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 7.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gabapentin (18 people, 31.58%)
- Zometa (13 people, 22.81%)
- Protonix (13 people, 22.81%)
- Dilaudid (12 people, 21.05%)
- Fentanyl (10 people, 17.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of methadone hydrochloride and stomach pain on
Do you have Stomach Pain while taking Methadone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Stomach Pain
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a 49-year old man with Peripheral Vascular Disease. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Blood In Stool
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 20-year old woman with Miscarriage. The patient has Depression, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Yellow Skin, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Decreased Appetite, Headache, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Lamictal, Latuda, Celexa, Methadone Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr for a 35-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Bipolar 2, Drug Addiction, Anxiety. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of side effects of Adderall 30 for a 21-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Fluticasone Propionate, Omeprazole for a 50-year old woman with Sinus Headache, Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Stomach Pain, Weight Gain
Recent Methadone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Methadone Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 60-year old man who has COPD/ Methadone Matinance
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Ritalin-sr, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Methadone Hydrochloride, Gravol for a 37-year old woman who has Drug Addiction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.