Review: could Methadone hydrochloride cause Urinary retention?
Summary: Urinary retention is found among people who take Methadone hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 2,098 people who have side effects while taking Methadone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Urinary retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Urinary retention >>>
Methadone hydrochloride has active ingredients of methadone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 2,859 Methadone hydrochloride users)
Urinary retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 13,988 Urinary retention patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 2,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Methadone hydrochloride. Among them, 28 people (1.34%) have Urinary Retention.
Time on Methadone hydrochloride when people have Urinary retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary retention||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Urinary retention when taking Methadone hydrochloride * :
|Urinary retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||12.50%||50.00%||29.17% |
Severity of Urinary retention when taking Methadone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary retention||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (6 people, 21.43%)
- Breast cancer (6 people, 21.43%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (5 people, 17.86%)
- Hypercalcaemia (5 people, 17.86%)
- Metastases to bone (4 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (11 people, 39.29%)
- Lexapro (11 people, 39.29%)
- Neurontin (10 people, 35.71%)
- Omeprazole (10 people, 35.71%)
- Temazepam (10 people, 35.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of methadone hydrochloride and urinary retention on
Do you have Urinary Retention while taking Methadone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride and have Urinary Retention
- support group for people who take Methadone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Urinary Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 26-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Urinary Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Lamictal, Latuda, Celexa, Methadone Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr for a 35-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Bipolar 2, Drug Addiction, Anxiety. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Promethazine, Clonidine, Xanax, Wellbutrin, Prilosec, Garcinia Cambogia for a 29-year old woman with Withdrawal From Opioids, Nasuea, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Acid Reflux, Weight Loss.
- A study of side effects of ALPRAZOLAM for a 84-year old man with Common Cold. The patient has Urinary Retention
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman with Low Back Pain. The patient has Kyphoscoliosis
Recent Methadone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Methadone Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 60-year old man who has COPD/ Methadone Matinance
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Ritalin-sr, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Methadone Hydrochloride, Gravol for a 37-year old woman who has Drug Addiction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.