Methadone hydrochloride and Acid reflux - from FDA reports
Acid reflux is found among people who take Methadone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Acid reflux with Methadone hydrochloride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,764 people who have side effects when taking Methadone hydrochloride from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
1,764 people reported to have side effects when taking Methadone hydrochloride.
Among them, 37 people (2.1%) have Acid reflux
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Methadone hydrochloride when people have Acid reflux *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 100 %
Gender of people who have Acid reflux when taking Methadone hydrochloride *:
- female: 58.33 %
- male: 41.67 %
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Methadone hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.7 %
- 30-39: 25.93 %
- 40-49: 22.22 %
- 50-59: 29.63 %
- 60+: 18.52 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (5 people, 13.51%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (4 people, 10.81%)
- Stress And Anxiety (4 people, 10.81%)
- Pancreatic Carcinoma Metastatic (4 people, 10.81%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (4 people, 10.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (22 people, 59.46%)
- Dilaudid (16 people, 43.24%)
- Dexamethasone (14 people, 37.84%)
- Percocet (13 people, 35.14%)
- Neurontin (12 people, 32.43%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (25 people, 67.57%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (21 people, 56.76%)
- Back Pain (20 people, 54.05%)
- Nausea (19 people, 51.35%)
- Pneumonia (17 people, 45.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Acid reflux when taking Methadone hydrochloride?
- Check symptoms - is acid reflux caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAcid reflux and drugs with ingredients of methadone hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcid reflux and Methadone hydrochloride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Methadone hydrochloride has active ingredients of methadone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Methadone hydrochloride 3,525 users)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,260 Acid reflux patients).
Browse all side effects of Methadone hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Acid refluxAcid reflux
Could your condition cause Acid refluxAcid reflux
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My blood pressure always used to be on the lower side. I am taking Methadone 7.5mg daily(2.5mg 3 times daily) for chronic pain. Ever since I am on 2.5mg Methdone tablets every 8 hours since nine months, my blood pressure has become very uncontrollable i.e. has been on the higher side.
User reviews to the study
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...