Methadone hydrochloride and Low blood sugar - from FDA reports
Low blood sugar is found among people who take Methadone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Byetta, and have Stress and anxiety. This review analyzes which people have Low blood sugar with Methadone hydrochloride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,764 people who have side effects when taking Methadone hydrochloride from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
1,764 people reported to have side effects when taking Methadone hydrochloride.
Among them, 10 people (0.57%) have Low blood sugar
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Methadone hydrochloride when people have Low blood sugar *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Methadone hydrochloride *:
- female: 70 %
- male: 30 %
Age of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Methadone hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 10 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 10 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 10 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (2 people, 20.00%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (1 person, 10.00%)
- Nausea (1 person, 10.00%)
- Drug Withdrawal Maintenance Therapy (1 person, 10.00%)
- Blood Product Transfusion Dependent (1 person, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (2 people, 20.00%)
- Seroquel (2 people, 20.00%)
- Protonix (2 people, 20.00%)
- Oxycontin (2 people, 20.00%)
- Byetta (2 people, 20.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Miosis (3 people, 30.00%)
- Intentional Overdose (3 people, 30.00%)
- Thyroid Cancer (2 people, 20.00%)
- Sinus Tachycardia (2 people, 20.00%)
- Depressed Level Of Consciousness (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Low blood sugar when taking Methadone hydrochloride?
- Check symptoms - is low blood sugar caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsLow blood sugar and drugs with ingredients of methadone hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLow blood sugar and Methadone hydrochloride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Methadone hydrochloride has active ingredients of methadone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Methadone hydrochloride 3,525 users)
Low blood sugar
Low blood sugar has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, type 1 diabetes (latest reports from 32,937 Low blood sugar patients).
Browse all side effects of Methadone hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Low blood sugarLow blood sugar
Could your condition cause Low blood sugarLow blood sugar
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My blood pressure always used to be on the lower side. I am taking Methadone 7.5mg daily(2.5mg 3 times daily) for chronic pain. Ever since I am on 2.5mg Methdone tablets every 8 hours since nine months, my blood pressure has become very uncontrollable i.e. has been on the higher side.
iAm a diabetic. am over 60, female. i have inflamed stomach lining. Very Painful....watching closely what i eat... have lost 5 lbs this week... Occasionally the pain ia bearable, mostly not. I have been reading that antacids can lower blood sugar...I am afraid to go to sleep because my blood ...
User reviews to the study
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
I have been on Methadone now for only 13 days am a 56 yr old woman and am suffering serious panic attacks after taking me dose by the afternoon and they last the rest of the day. I take Methadone for pain relief. I am ready to give it up as I just cant take the attacks anymore as I am also ...