Review: could Methergine cause Abortion spontaneous?
Summary: Abortion spontaneous is found among people who take Methergine, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Dactil, and have Haemorrhage.
We study 796 people who have side effects while taking Methergine from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Abortion spontaneous. Find out below who they are, when they have Abortion spontaneous and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methergine and have Abortion spontaneous >>>
Methergine has active ingredients of methylergonovine maleate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Methergine 818 users)
Abortion spontaneous (naturally occurring miscarriage) has been reported by people with birth control, hiv infection, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, rheumatoid arthritis.(view latest reports from 18,299 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 796 people reported to have side effects when taking Methergine. Among them, 18 people (2.26%) have Abortion Spontaneous.
Time on Methergine when people have Abortion spontaneous * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abortion spontaneous||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abortion spontaneous when taking Methergine * :
|Abortion spontaneous||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Abortion spontaneous when taking Methergine * :
|Abortion spontaneous||0.00%||0.00%||4.35%||52.17%||43.48%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Abortion spontaneous when taking Methergine ** :
How people recovered from Abortion spontaneous ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Haemorrhage (9 people, 50.00%)
- Infection (3 people, 16.67%)
- Uterine contractions during pregnancy (3 people, 16.67%)
- Influenza (3 people, 16.67%)
- Multiple sclerosis (1 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Dactil (8 people, 44.44%)
- Utrogestan (8 people, 44.44%)
- Cefzon (3 people, 16.67%)
- Dasen (3 people, 16.67%)
- Ergometrine maleate (3 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abortion Spontaneous while taking Methergine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methergine and have Abortion Spontaneous
- support group for people who take Methergine
- support group for people who have Abortion Spontaneous
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Methergine, Abortion spontaneous
More reviews for: Methergine, Abortion spontaneous
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Intermentant shaking becomes so severe. Often includes hand trembling, head bobbling, and incordination leading to inability to write, walk, or eat.
Could this be due to current dose of 2400mg/day of gabapentin?
- I'm concerned about whether or not I should take the Methergine or the Doxycycline again. I don't know if I was having an allergic reaction to one or the other. I've never had my problems with my Synthroid but I'm wondering if it's reacting to one of the other drugs I was recently given.
More related studies for: Methergine, Abortion spontaneous
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.