Methergine and Abortion spontaneous - from FDA reports
Abortion spontaneous is found among people who take Methergine, especially for people who are 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Mirena, and have Haemorrhage. This review analyzes which people have Abortion spontaneous with Methergine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 878 people who have side effects when taking Methergine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 18, 2017
878 people reported to have side effects when taking Methergine.
Among them, 22 people (2.51%) have Abortion spontaneous
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Methergine when people have Abortion spontaneous *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Abortion spontaneous when taking Methergine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.26 %
- 20-29: 42.11 %
- 30-39: 52.63 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Haemorrhage (5 people, 22.73%)
- Birth Control (4 people, 18.18%)
- Uterine Contractions During Pregnancy (3 people, 13.64%)
- The Flu (3 people, 13.64%)
- Infection (3 people, 13.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Relenza (3 people, 13.64%)
- Propofol (3 people, 13.64%)
- Mirena (3 people, 13.64%)
- Lortab (2 people, 9.09%)
- Augmentin (2 people, 9.09%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy (11 people, 50.00%)
- Haemorrhage (6 people, 27.27%)
- Placenta Abruptio (4 people, 18.18%)
- Nausea (4 people, 18.18%)
- Menstrual Disorder (4 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Abortion spontaneous when taking Methergine?
- Check symptoms - is abortion spontaneous caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAbortion spontaneous and drugs with ingredients of methylergonovine maleate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAbortion spontaneous and Methergine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Methergine has active ingredients of methylergonovine maleate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Methergine 915 users)
Abortion spontaneous (naturally occurring miscarriage) has been reported by people with birth control, multiple sclerosis, hiv infection, epilepsy, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 24,445 Abortion spontaneous patients).
Browse all side effects of Metherginea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Abortion spontaneousAbortion spontaneous
Could your condition cause Abortion spontaneousAbortion spontaneous
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I was given Methergine, and then developed a DVT and pulmonary embolus a few months later. Could this have been a side effect of the prescription, or is developing it a few months later unrelated to the prescription?