Review: could Methimazole cause Headaches?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 24, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 1,422 people who take Methimazole. Among them, 53 have Headaches. See who they are, when they have Headaches and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Methimazole (latest outcomes from 1,580 users) has active ingredients of methimazole. It is often used in hyperthyroidism, graves disease. Commonly reported side effects of Methimazole include fever, rashes, hyperthyroidism, weakness, agranulocytosis.
Headaches (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,165,401 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 24, 2014: 1,356 people reported to have side effects when taking Methimazole. Among them, 53 people (3.91%) have Headaches.
Time on Methimazole when people have Headaches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headaches when taking Methimazole * :
Age of people who have Headaches when taking Methimazole * :
Severity of Headaches when taking Methimazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headaches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hyperthyroidism (14 people, 26.42%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 20.75%)
- Thyroid disorder (9 people, 16.98%)
- Headache (7 people, 13.21%)
- Hypercoagulation (6 people, 11.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (16 people, 30.19%)
- Warfarin sodium (9 people, 16.98%)
- Lortab (8 people, 15.09%)
- Prilosec (8 people, 15.09%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (7 people, 13.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Methimazole, Headaches
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Methimazole (methimazole) is often used for hyperthyroidism. Find out below the conditions Methimazole is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Methimazole used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Methimazole side effects from A to Z:
Browse Methimazole drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 years ago):
I don't have a fever, just feel like I do, especially around the eyes.
From this study (4 years ago):
Allergic/adverse reaction to bowel prep precipitated diagnoses for stroke, atrial fibrillation & renal insufficiency in less than 5 weeks.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Methimazole, Headaches
More reviews for: Methimazole, Headaches
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Methimazole, Multivitamin for a patient with Graves Disease, Healthy Living. The patient has Headache, Feverish Feeling
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Methimazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Percocet, Zolpidem Tartrate, Heparin Sodium, Miralax for a patient with Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Hyperthyroidism, Hypertension, Diuretic Effect, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Arthritis, Chronic Insomnia, Dehydration, Bowel Preparation. The patient has Renal Insufficiency, Constipation, Headache, Swelling Of Feet And Legs, Arthritis, Nausea And Vomiting, Ischaemic Stroke, Atrial Fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter), Back Pain, Back Stiffness, Rash (Rashes), Weight Decreased, Vitamin D Deficiency (Rickets), Tendonitis, Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Depression Nos, Stress And Anxiety, Cognitive Deterioration
More related studies for: Methimazole, Headaches
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.