Review: could Methimazole cause Hives?
Summary: Hives is reported only by a few people who take Methimazole.
We study 1,478 people who have side effects while taking Methimazole from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Hives and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methimazole and have Hives >>>
Methimazole has active ingredients of methimazole. It is often used in hyperthyroidism. (latest outcomes from Methimazole 1,676 users)
Hives has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.(latest reports from Hives 581 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 1,478 people reported to have side effects when taking Methimazole. Among them, 1 people (0.07%) has Hives.
Time on Methimazole when people have Hives * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hives when taking Methimazole * :
Age of people who have Hives when taking Methimazole * :
Severity of Hives when taking Methimazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hives ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple allergies (1 people, 100.00%)
- High blood pressure (1 people, 100.00%)
- Graves disease (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Benadryl (1 people, 100.00%)
- Atenolol (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hives while taking Methimazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methimazole and have Hives
- support group for people who take Methimazole
- support group for people who have Hives
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Low dose of hydroxyzine 20mg daily
(Asked by a 80 year old man who has Hives Treatment, and takes Hydroxyzine)
is tardive dyskinesia at low doses of hydroxyzine 20mg daily rare or not happened
- How long before atenolol caused angioedema (1 answer)
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Angioedema, Hives, and takes Atenolol)
I was taking lisonpril when I had an episode of angioedema that required transport to emergency room. Doctor switch me to altenolol September 17th.
Started atenolol on September 18th. developed Hives, prescribed presnisone and benadral. stopped after 10 days, the hives came back and last night a sl ...
- Why is my left ankle swelling? my doctor says it is from the graves disease
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Graves Disease, and takes Methimazole, Atenolol)
HELP! my doctor took me off of my beta blockers and now my left ankle is swelling again? She says it is just my thyroid receptors. I don't think its that clear cut
- I was treated for overactive thyroid with methimazole, thyroid levels now lowered was directed to stop methimazole, have been off methimazole now for 3 weeks, but my blood pressure is still 224/117 (1 answer)
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Hyperthyroidism, Hypertension, and takes Methimazole, Inderal, Lisinopril, Clonidine, Ativan, Celexa)
I was recently diagnosed with overactive thyroid, no nodules or cancer, I had all the symptoms that you could have. Heart palpitations, high blood pressure,hand tremors, anxiety, wgt loss, muscle aches, weak legs and diarrhea. I was treated with methimazole for the overactive thyroid and inderal for ...
- Is there cobalt in nuvaring?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Hives, and takes Nuvaring)
I have a cobalt allergy and am still breaking out in hives. Trying to figure out if there is cobalamine present in Nuvaring.
More questions for: Methimazole, Hives
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Allergic to ivp dye bad reaction to pyridium
(Posted by a 52 year old woman who has Hives, and takes Pyridium)
I am allergic to IVP dye (Iodine) I had discovered this over 20 years ago when I had kidney stones and was injected with the IVP. I was asked beforehand if I was allergic to shellfish and told them I didn't know since at the time I had never eaten seafood. After the injected me and walked out of the ...
More reviews for: Methimazole, Hives
- A study of drug interactions between Methimazole, Vitamin D, Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Alprazolam for a patient with Hyperthyroidism, Low Vit D, Tinea Capitis, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: HAIRLOSS BEGAN AFTER 4 MONTHS ON TREATMENT FOR HYPERTHYROIDISM, EVEN THOUGH HYPERTHYROIDISM WAS UNDER CONTROL (NORMAL LEVELS) STILL HAIR LOSS,IT HAS BEEN 10 MONTHS OF HAIR LOSS AND IN THE MEANTIME ALSO GOT TINEA CAPITIS WHICH WAS TREATED
- A study of drug interactions between Methimazole, Xanax, Zimovane, Tramadol, Fentanyl, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Graves Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder, Back Disorder, Suicide Attempt. The patient has Overactive Thyroid
Comments: I was on lithium when first diagnosed with Graves disease-now stopped. I had a few episodes of what is understood to be serotonin syndrome. I had submandibular gland removed 3 years ago. I had bad foot infection (both feet) 3 years ago. I always suffered with depression and anxiety/social always. I ...
- A study of side effects of Estradiol for a patient with Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hives, Welts (bumps or swellings that occur on the outer skin layer)
Comments: Past month...hives/welts appear on one location of my body for no apparent reason. They usually occur at times when I haven't eaten anything for 5-6 hours or upon waking up when I haven't eaten anything for at least 8 hr.
I have had the hives/welts appear on my face (lips, cheek, nostrils), on my ...
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Simponi for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Urticaria Cold, Hives, Cold Weather And Itchy Skin
Comments: When anything cold touches my skin I get a hive in that location. Cold weather causes my skin that is exposed to get extremely red, itchy, and most of the time develop hives. All of this started after I began humira. I remained on humira for only 6 months due to its ineffectiveness. I am now on Simp ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Zantac 300, Indapamide, Calcitriol, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container for a patient with Itching, Gerd, Parathyroid Disorder, Aat Deficiency, Parathyroid Hormone. The patient has Hives, Itching, Cough
Comments: Treatment for parathyroid benign includes water pill, vitamin D, and potassium chloride. Coughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing occurs mostly at night. Once it starts, difficult to stop. Itching is daily, with visible hives and/or edema on occasion.
More related studies for: Methimazole, Hives
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.