Home > Methimazole > Vision - light sensitive > Methimazole and Vision - light sensitive
Review: could Methimazole cause Vision - light sensitive (Photophobia)?
We study 1,476 people who have side effects while taking Methimazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Vision - light sensitive. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision - light sensitive and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Methimazole and have Vision - light sensitive >>>
Methimazole (latest outcomes from 1,672 users) has active ingredients of methimazole. It is often used in hyperthyroidism.
Vision - light sensitive
Vision - light sensitive (extreme sensitivity to light) (latest reports from 30,103 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 1,476 people reported to have side effects when taking Methimazole. Among them, 2 people (0.14%) have Vision - Light Sensitive.
Time on Methimazole when people have Vision - light sensitive * :
Gender of people who have Vision - light sensitive when taking Methimazole * :
|Vision - light sensitive||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vision - light sensitive when taking Methimazole * :
|Vision - light sensitive||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Vision - light sensitive when taking Methimazole ** :
How people recovered from Vision - light sensitive ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2 people, 100.00%)
- Hyperthyroidism (2 people, 100.00%)
- Basedow's disease (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Spiriva (2 people, 100.00%)
- Metoprolol (1 people, 50.00%)
- Fosinopril sodium (1 people, 50.00%)
- Omeprazole (1 people, 50.00%)
- Digoxin (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vision - Light Sensitive while taking Methimazole?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methimazole and have Vision - Light Sensitive
- support group for people who take Methimazole
- support group for people who have Vision - Light Sensitive
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Why is my left ankle swelling? my doctor says it is from the graves disease
HELP! my doctor took me off of my beta blockers and now my left ankle is swelling again? She says it is just my thyroid receptors. I don't think its that clear cut
- I was treated for overactive thyroid with methimazole, thyroid levels now lowered was directed to stop methimazole, have been off methimazole now for 3 weeks, but my blood pressure is still 224/117
I was recently diagnosed with overactive thyroid, no nodules or cancer, I had all the symptoms that you could have. Heart palpitations, high blood pressure,hand tremors, anxiety, wgt loss, muscle aches, weak legs and diarrhea. I was treated with methimazole for the overactive thyroid and inderal for ...
- Diagnosed with tonsilitis but very light sensitive
My 19 year old daughter was diagnosed with tonsilitis yesterday. She has the sore throat, swollen tonsils with white on them. Glands are also very swollen with a lot of trouble swallowing and headaches. What is most odd is the puffiness above and bleow th eyes and the extreme light sensitivi ...
More questions for: Methimazole, Vision - light sensitive
More reviews for: Methimazole, Vision - light sensitive
On eHealthMe, Methimazole (methimazole) is often used for hyperthyroidism. Find out below the conditions Methimazole is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Methimazole used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Methimazole, Vision - light sensitive
Recent Methimazole related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Methimazole, Vision - light sensitive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (49 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (49 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Carcinoma Ductal
- Reactive Attachment Disorder Of Infancy Or Early Childhood
- Wrinkles Aging Changes