Home > Methimazole > Vision - light sensitive > Methimazole and Vision - light sensitive
Review: could Methimazole cause Vision - light sensitive (Photophobia)?
We study 1,478 people who have side effects while taking Methimazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Vision - light sensitive. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision - light sensitive and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methimazole and have Vision - light sensitive >>>
Methimazole (latest outcomes from 1,676 users) has active ingredients of methimazole. It is often used in hyperthyroidism.
Vision - light sensitive
Vision - light sensitive (extreme sensitivity to light) (latest reports from 30,151 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 1,476 people reported to have side effects when taking Methimazole. Among them, 2 people (0.14%) have Vision - Light Sensitive.
Time on Methimazole when people have Vision - light sensitive * :
Gender of people who have Vision - light sensitive when taking Methimazole * :
|Vision - light sensitive||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vision - light sensitive when taking Methimazole * :
|Vision - light sensitive||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Vision - light sensitive when taking Methimazole ** :
How people recovered from Vision - light sensitive ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2 people, 100.00%)
- Hyperthyroidism (2 people, 100.00%)
- Basedow's disease (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Spiriva (2 people, 100.00%)
- Metoprolol (1 people, 50.00%)
- Fosinopril sodium (1 people, 50.00%)
- Omeprazole (1 people, 50.00%)
- Digoxin (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vision - Light Sensitive while taking Methimazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methimazole and have Vision - Light Sensitive
- support group for people who take Methimazole
- support group for people who have Vision - Light Sensitive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why is my left ankle swelling? my doctor says it is from the graves disease
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Graves Disease, and takes Methimazole, Atenolol)
HELP! my doctor took me off of my beta blockers and now my left ankle is swelling again? She says it is just my thyroid receptors. I don't think its that clear cut
- I was treated for overactive thyroid with methimazole, thyroid levels now lowered was directed to stop methimazole, have been off methimazole now for 3 weeks, but my blood pressure is still 224/117
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Hyperthyroidism, Hypertension, and takes Methimazole, Inderal, Lisinopril, Clonidine, Ativan, Celexa)
I was recently diagnosed with overactive thyroid, no nodules or cancer, I had all the symptoms that you could have. Heart palpitations, high blood pressure,hand tremors, anxiety, wgt loss, muscle aches, weak legs and diarrhea. I was treated with methimazole for the overactive thyroid and inderal for ...
- Diagnosed with tonsilitis but very light sensitive
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Tonsillitis, Light Sensitivity, Headache)
My 19 year old daughter was diagnosed with tonsilitis yesterday. She has the sore throat, swollen tonsils with white on them. Glands are also very swollen with a lot of trouble swallowing and headaches. What is most odd is the puffiness above and bleow th eyes and the extreme light sensitivi ...
- Quality of life with graves' disease
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Graves' Disease, Type 1 Diabetes, GERD, and takes Apidra, Methimazole, Dexilant, Vitamin D, Selenium)
After contracting a virus I experienced a "shut down" of my entire GI tract for greater than 4 months, then converted to Type 1 Diabetes (GAD-65 positive), also was found to be positive for Lyme Disease and was treated, then December 2012 was dx'd with Graves' Disease and most recently, my gall blad ...
- Can methimazole increase weight and cholsterol
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Hyperthyroidism, and takes Methimazole, Lipitor, Arimidex, Paxil)
My cholesterol has shot way up and did same thing on tapazole. what's the correlation?
More questions for: Methimazole, Vision - light sensitive
More reviews for: Methimazole, Vision - light sensitive
- A study of drug interactions between Tapazole, Lithium Carbonate - 300MG, Seroquel for a patient with Hyperthyroidism, Bipolar 1, Bipolar. The patient has
Comments: i have succesfully been using lithium + seoquel for 5 years i was diagnosed w hyperthyroid + used tapazole for a year and then went off when my tsh levels were normql. But after 3 months i had to go on it again. Both times when I went on the tapazole I was experiencing strong + racing heartb ...
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a patient with Gerd. The patient has Vertigo, Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (unusual prickling sensations), Photophobia (extreme sensitivity to light), Hypertension (high blood pressure), Heart Racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing), Musculoskeletal Chest Pain (pain in chest muscle or nerve or bones), Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Urinary Frequency, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Muscle Twitching, Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction), Poor Concentration, Thinking Slowed, Chills (felling of cold), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Dry Mouth, Throat Tightness, Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: Only symptom for first month was flatulence/lump in throat. 35 days in, tingling, visual disturbances started, had near-fainting episode with high HR, BP, thought it was panic attack. Woke up next morning and took another pill and started feeling like crap again. Stopped altogether. Went to GP and N ...
More related studies for: Methimazole, Vision - light sensitive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Uterine Fibroids
- Enalapril Maleate
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (1 hour ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (13 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (16 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (38 minutes ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (30 minutes ago)
- Compare Cellcept and Prograf and Rapamune for a 50-year old woman (34 minutes ago)
- Gymnema Sylvestre for a 72-year old man who has High Blood Sugar (53 minutes ago)