Review: could Methocarbamol cause Short-term memory loss (Memory loss)?
Summary: Short-term memory loss is found among people who take Methocarbamol, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Insomnia.
We study 2,767 people who have side effects while taking Methocarbamol from FDA and social media. Among them, 116 have Short-term memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Short-term memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methocarbamol and have Short-term memory loss >>>
Methocarbamol has active ingredients of methocarbamol. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from Methocarbamol 3,270 users)
Short-term memory loss
Short-term memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Short-term memory loss 62,109 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 2,767 people reported to have side effects when taking Methocarbamol. Among them, 116 people (4.19%) have Short-term Memory Loss.
Time on Methocarbamol when people have Short-term memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Methocarbamol * :
|Short-term memory loss||72.88%||27.12% |
Age of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Methocarbamol * :
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||1.20%||1.20%||10.84%||39.76%||12.05%||34.94% |
Severity of Short-term memory loss when taking Methocarbamol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Short-term memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (38 people, 32.76%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (36 people, 31.03%)
- Migraine (35 people, 30.17%)
- Depression (35 people, 30.17%)
- Crohn's disease (32 people, 27.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (51 people, 43.97%)
- Potassium chloride (44 people, 37.93%)
- Atenolol (42 people, 36.21%)
- Furosemide (40 people, 34.48%)
- Dilantin (38 people, 32.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Short-term Memory Loss while taking Methocarbamol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methocarbamol and have Short-term Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Methocarbamol
- support group for people who have Short-term Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs? (1 answer)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? I either need to get some acceptance or find answers to the effects this medicine is causing..afraid to change up her medicines but needless to say I am worried...
- What's wrong with me?
I have always been very impatient about everything. I'm never on time
I can't get anything accomplished around the house I can't concentrate or focus to get the laundry done or the dishes...I walk in circles most days accomplishing nothing!
Paperwork really stresses me! Wheat her it be for my kids school or for work (I'm a new realtor)
I just can't seem to do it and always have to ask for help or have someone do it for me! I get very frustrated easily.
I tend to rant in about things that have no meaning or importance and dismiss important things or forget them at home (signed contracts, keys...)
I'm getting worse and my dr has put me in seroquill xr recently and I've been on wellbutrin now for about two months. My depression is somewhat better by I still have NO focus and can't seem to get anything done! Weeks go by and I just don't know what I've done with my time!!!
- Does one ever get their memory back after discontinueing the tysabri?
vesicare 10mg x1 bupropion 150mg x1
lisinopril 5mg as needed bupropion 300mg x1
fluoxetine 20mg x1 alprazolam 0.5mg - bedtime
vigil 250mg x1 melatonin 3mg - bedtime
aubagio 14mg. x1 diphenhydramine 50mg - bedtime
carvedilol 6.25mg x1 aspirin 500mg - bedtime
bupropion 300mg x1
baclofen 10mg as needed DO I NEED ANYTHING ELSE?
- Memory loss& confusion
I can not remember the majority or most of my past.I am very,very confused about things or stuff that I used to know everything about
- Concerned about these two meds are they the cause for me doing things i don't ever do? (1 answer)
I take both these medications together Dailey and I am doing things I am unaware of doing I have conversation with people and don't remember having doing things I have never done is it caused from both of these medications
More questions for: Methocarbamol, Short-term memory loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on track. It seems like every time I try these pills I get pushed off course. Anyways here's my experience with pristiq. Day1) dilation ofpupils was noticed with in a few hours, it started to feel like I was on sshrooms....I'd look in the mirror and feel so much love...just stand there staring. I slept better than I did in months. Day 2) Sadly though, when I woke up I couldn't climax, it was like I was numb. My pupils were still dilated and I still felt an out pouring of love and admiration while looking at myself. I tried hard not to fixate and get ready for work. I noticed that my tummy wasn't bloated anymore, I hadn't felt this much releaf in months. As I took my daily 50mg I reassured myself that it was ok not to climax in favor of all the good things I'm feeling now. Pristiq didn't interfere with my routine other than climaxing. Day 3) I awoke well rested with a happy tummy and it didn't bother me a bit not to climax, I jumped out of bed and started my day with vigor. The moment I took my dose and left the house is the last thing I remember! From what I wrote in my calendar, the notes I took, and my phone history I can piece together the things I did for 7 more days!!! I went to work, but my coworker was on holidays so it was just me alone in the office, I have no family or friends in this country (I moved to get away from a bad situation, hence cptsd) anyways I had no interaction. The only thing that brought me out was probably that I stopped taking the medication on day7 (According to the amount of medication left)....it's taken 14 more days to get out of the pristiq fog. During that time I've experienced nightly vivid dreams/ nightmares, extreme sweating and high body temperature, my stomach discomfort fluctuates but I can control it through diet, I'm able to climax again though it takes time, my pupils returned to normal a few days after I returned to myself...I seem to have memory impairment.
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my older physician increase high dose of Warfarin I was losing mi Vision and stopped Losartan by my self and my vision is great now. my new physician told me that is OK that I had stopped taken Losartan. and I strongly believe that this cause me the DVT.
- Epipen and memory loss
I have been constantly injected with epipen which has caused severe memory loss.
- Klonopin side effects
Took 1mg of klonopin daily for 2 years for extreme anxiety. Decided to stop medication and now have memory loss. It was also very difficult to train my body to fall asleep on its own after coming off this medication. I have a deficiency in vitamin D now. Not sure if this is from taking this drug? Have had vision changes, such as blurred vision.
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothes all around my bed. Doctor has prescribed a beta blocker to alleviate the sweats, but there is no change. Short term memory is poor - could the Z pill be causing this?
More reviews for: Methocarbamol, Short-term memory loss
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- I take it with celexa to even out my highs and lows. Unfortunately, I have memory problems,(200 mg daily), mostly short term. I didn't have this problem before I started taking the medications. My wife is on it also, (100 mg daily). She experiences the same. She is taking effexor.
- Had massive saddle pulmonary embolism in Aug 14, INR stable at 2.4 on Warfarin but am experiencing memory loss - names in particular, why I went into room or logged on to computer to look something up. Demanding Ass Director role so quite concerned. Age 55. No reason for clot ever discovered - ca ...
- Hands have myoclonic jerks. Then I noticed that my shoulders and fingers were twitching/jerking . Anytime I hold something or try to type, for example, the myoclonus jerks gets really bad. This morning it's bad. Up to this point, it has taken me almost an hour to type this.
- I took Lexapro all throughout high school and one year in college. i was taken off lexapro when i was put on adderall after being misdiagnosed with adhd. i was also on abilify my senior year of high school. i got off of adderall after one semester of school. I can not remember a time when my memory ...
More related studies for: Methocarbamol, Short-term memory loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.