Home > Methotrexate > Deafness > Methotrexate and Deafness
Review: could Methotrexate cause Deafness (Hearing loss)?
We study 7,193 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Deafness. Find out below who they are, when they have Deafness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium and have Deafness >>>
Methotrexate sodium (latest outcomes from 7,840 users) has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Deafness (latest reports from 57,948 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 7,193 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate sodium. Among them, 15 people (0.21%) have Deafness.
Time on Methotrexate sodium when people have Deafness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Methotrexate sodium * :
Severity of Deafness when taking Methotrexate sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Deafness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (8 people, 53.33%)
- Ill-defined disorder (1 people, 6.67%)
- Pain (1 people, 6.67%)
- Alopecia (1 people, 6.67%)
- Bipolar disorder (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (5 people, 33.33%)
- Folic acid (4 people, 26.67%)
- Prednisolone (4 people, 26.67%)
- Remicade (4 people, 26.67%)
- Enbrel (3 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Deafness while taking Methotrexate Sodium?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium and have Deafness
- support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium
- support group for people who have Deafness
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Methotrexate sodium, Deafness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
- Zetia causes deafness
Took for two weeks and now have complete deafness. This was back in 2012.
More reviews for: Methotrexate sodium, Deafness
On eHealthMe, Methotrexate Sodium (methotrexate sodium) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Methotrexate Sodium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Methotrexate Sodium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Methotrexate sodium, Deafness
Recent Methotrexate sodium related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Methotrexate sodium, Deafness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenergan, Imitrex, Protonix, Xanax, Buspar for a 35-year old woman who has Nausea In The Morning - Females, Migraine, GERD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Chronic Depression (5 minutes ago)
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (38 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (42 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Application Site Fissure
- Completed Suicide
- Weight Increased
- Coagulation Factor Viii Level Increased
- Carcinoma In Situ Of Penis