Review: could Methotrexate cause Fluid retention?
We study 7,193 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium and have Fluid retention >>>
Methotrexate sodium (latest outcomes from 7,840 users) has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) (latest reports from 91,080 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 7,193 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate sodium. Among them, 11 people (0.15%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Methotrexate sodium when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||80.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Methotrexate sodium * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||27.27%||9.09%||18.18%||18.18%||27.27% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Methotrexate sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (7 people, 63.64%)
- Lymphocytic leukaemia (3 people, 27.27%)
- Clostridium difficile colitis (3 people, 27.27%)
- Psoriasis (2 people, 18.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Enbrel (6 people, 54.55%)
- Cyclophosphamide (4 people, 36.36%)
- Prednisone (4 people, 36.36%)
- Folic acid (4 people, 36.36%)
- Dasatinib (3 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Methotrexate Sodium?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Methotrexate sodium, Fluid retention
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
More reviews for: Methotrexate sodium, Fluid retention
On eHealthMe, Methotrexate Sodium (methotrexate sodium) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Methotrexate Sodium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Methotrexate Sodium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between H.p. Acthar Gel, Methotrexate for a patient with Ra. The patient has Infusion Site Discomfort, Shortness Of Breath, No Urge To Urinate Just Leaks Out, Urinary Incontinence, Asthmatic Crisis, Abdominal Distention, Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Rituxan, Solu-medrol, Benadryl, Methotrexate Sodium, Acetaminophen for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Pre-medication. The patient has Fluid Retention, Hypotension, Hyperglycaemia, Vision Blurred
More related studies for: Methotrexate sodium, Fluid retention
Recent Methotrexate sodium related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Methotrexate sodium, Fluid retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.