Review: could Methotrexate sodium cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Methotrexate sodium, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Folic acid, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 7,196 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 54 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium and have Insomnia >>>
Methotrexate sodium has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 7,841 Methotrexate sodium users)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 144,028 Insomnia patients)
On Apr, 17, 2015: 7,196 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate sodium. Among them, 59 people (0.82%) have Insomnia.
Time on Methotrexate sodium when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Methotrexate sodium * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Methotrexate sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (57 people, 96.61%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 27.12%)
- Pain (16 people, 27.12%)
- Pain management (12 people, 20.34%)
- Vitamin b complex deficiency (12 people, 20.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (26 people, 44.07%)
- Enbrel (25 people, 42.37%)
- Remicade (21 people, 35.59%)
- Prednisone (19 people, 32.20%)
- Fosamax (18 people, 30.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of methotrexate sodium and insomnia on
Do you have Insomnia while taking Methotrexate Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 69-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Breathlessness, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 35-year old woman with Endometrioma. The patient has Withdrawal From Opioids, Bladder Discomfort, Vision Blurred, Vision - Light Sensitive, Insomnia, Dehydration, Decreased Appetite, Skin Burning Sensation, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Muscle Spasms
- A study of side effects of Actemra for a 50-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Insomnia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Fluid Retention, Sjogren's Syndrome, Scleroedema, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Trokendi Xr for a 16-year old girl with Migraine. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Protonix, Apriso, Singulair for a 13-year old girl with Allergy To Plants, Heartburn - Chronic, Crohn's Disease, Asthma. The patient has Insomnia, Ocd
Recent Methotrexate sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Humira, Enbrel, Sulfadiazine, Methotrexate for a 42-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Aloe Vera Gel for a 64-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Arava, Methotrexate, Humira, Remicade for a 55-year old woman who has Seronegative Arthritis
- Comparions of Prednisone, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 64-year old man who has Tenosynovitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.