Review: could Methotrexate sodium cause Skin cancer - basal cell (Basal cell carcinoma)?
Summary: Skin cancer - basal cell is found among people who take Methotrexate sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Folic acid, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 7,196 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Skin cancer - basal cell. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin cancer - basal cell and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium and have Skin cancer - basal cell >>>
Methotrexate sodium has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 7,841 Methotrexate sodium users)
Skin cancer - basal cell
Skin cancer - basal cell (type of skin cancer) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia. (latest reports from 5,211 Skin cancer - basal cell patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 7,196 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate sodium. Among them, 31 people (0.43%) have Skin Cancer - Basal Cell.
Time on Methotrexate sodium when people have Skin cancer - basal cell * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin cancer - basal cell||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||13.33%||6.67%||0.00%||13.33% |
Age of people who have Skin cancer - basal cell when taking Methotrexate sodium * :
|Skin cancer - basal cell||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.41%||0.00%||94.59% |
Severity of Skin cancer - basal cell when taking Methotrexate sodium ** :
How people recovered from Skin cancer - basal cell ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (29 people, 93.55%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 48.39%)
- Meniere's disease (14 people, 45.16%)
- Osteoporosis (14 people, 45.16%)
- Conjunctivitis allergic (12 people, 38.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (17 people, 54.84%)
- Norvasc (15 people, 48.39%)
- Hyalein (14 people, 45.16%)
- Micardis (14 people, 45.16%)
- Methycobal (14 people, 45.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Skin Cancer - Basal Cell while taking Methotrexate Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium and have Skin Cancer - Basal Cell
- support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium
- support group for people who have Skin Cancer - Basal Cell
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Pred Forte, Methotrexate, Prednisone, Remicade for a 29-year old woman with Uveitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Glaucoma, Painful Red Eyes, Pain Inflammation Activated
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Laryngeal Necrosis
- A study of drug interactions between Pantoprazole, Indomethacin, Methotrexate, Remicade for a 41-year old man with Indomethacin, Gerd, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Muscle Spasms, Nerve Symptoms, Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 76-year old man with Mycosis Fungoides. The patient has Anaemia, Platelet Count Increased
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 69-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Breathlessness, Fatigue
Recent Methotrexate sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Humira, Enbrel, Sulfadiazine, Methotrexate for a 42-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Aloe Vera Gel for a 64-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Arava, Methotrexate, Humira, Remicade for a 55-year old woman who has Seronegative Arthritis
- Comparions of Prednisone, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 64-year old man who has Tenosynovitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.