Review: could Methotrexate sodium cause Slurred speech (Speech impairment (adult))?
Summary: Slurred speech is found among people who take Methotrexate sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Folic acid, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 7,196 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 32 have Slurred speech. Find out below who they are, when they have Slurred speech and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium and have Slurred speech >>>
Methotrexate sodium has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 7,841 Methotrexate sodium users)
Slurred speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 31,347 Slurred speech patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 7,196 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate sodium. Among them, 32 people (0.44%) have Slurred Speech.
Time on Methotrexate sodium when people have Slurred speech * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Slurred speech||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Slurred speech when taking Methotrexate sodium * :
|Slurred speech||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||2.86%||11.43%||5.71%||14.29%||45.71% |
Severity of Slurred speech when taking Methotrexate sodium ** :
How people recovered from Slurred speech ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (18 people, 56.25%)
- Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (6 people, 18.75%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 9.38%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 6.25%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (2 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (11 people, 34.38%)
- Humira (9 people, 28.12%)
- Prednisone (8 people, 25.00%)
- Omeprazole (6 people, 18.75%)
- Enbrel (5 people, 15.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Slurred Speech while taking Methotrexate Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium and have Slurred Speech
- support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium
- support group for people who have Slurred Speech
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 48-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a 21-year old woman with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse. The patient has Slurred Speech
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Orencia, Methotrexate for a 45-year old woman with Arthritis - Rheumatoid. The patient has Joint Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Remicade, Methotrexate for a 47-year old woman with Sarcoidosis. The patient has Burning Eyes, Burning Eyes, Shortness Of Breath, Painful Respiration
Recent Methotrexate sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Humira, Enbrel, Sulfadiazine, Methotrexate for a 42-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Aloe Vera Gel for a 64-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Arava, Methotrexate, Humira, Remicade for a 55-year old woman who has Seronegative Arthritis
- Comparions of Prednisone, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 64-year old man who has Tenosynovitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.