Review: could Methotrexate sodium cause Swelling face?
Summary: Swelling face is found among people who take Methotrexate sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Folic acid, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 7,196 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Swelling face. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling face and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium and have Swelling face >>>
Methotrexate sodium has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 7,841 Methotrexate sodium users)
Swelling face has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 19,583 Swelling face patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 7,196 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate sodium. Among them, 24 people (0.33%) have Swelling Face.
Time on Methotrexate sodium when people have Swelling face * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swelling face||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Swelling face when taking Methotrexate sodium * :
|Swelling face||0.00%||4.17%||4.17%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Swelling face when taking Methotrexate sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Swelling face||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Swelling face ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Swelling face||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (23 people, 95.83%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 16.67%)
- Depression (4 people, 16.67%)
- Cardiac disorder (4 people, 16.67%)
- Nightmare (4 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (14 people, 58.33%)
- Enbrel (8 people, 33.33%)
- Humira (7 people, 29.17%)
- Remicade (7 people, 29.17%)
- Orencia (5 people, 20.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of methotrexate sodium and swelling face on
Do you have Swelling Face while taking Methotrexate Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium and have Swelling Face
- support group for people who take Methotrexate sodium
- support group for people who have Swelling Face
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Pred Forte, Methotrexate, Prednisone, Remicade for a 29-year old woman with Uveitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Glaucoma, Painful Red Eyes, Pain Inflammation Activated
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Laryngeal Necrosis
- A study of drug interactions between Pantoprazole, Indomethacin, Methotrexate, Remicade for a 41-year old man with Indomethacin, Gerd, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Muscle Spasms, Nerve Symptoms, Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 76-year old man with Mycosis Fungoides. The patient has Anaemia, Platelet Count Increased
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 69-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Breathlessness, Fatigue
Recent Methotrexate sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Humira, Enbrel, Sulfadiazine, Methotrexate for a 42-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Aloe Vera Gel for a 64-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Arava, Methotrexate, Humira, Remicade for a 55-year old woman who has Seronegative Arthritis
- Comparions of Prednisone, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 64-year old man who has Tenosynovitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.