Home > Methotrexate > Abdominal cramps > Methotrexate and Abdominal cramps
Review: could Methotrexate cause Abdominal cramps (Abdominal pain)?
We study 129,821 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,864 have Abdominal cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal cramps and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Abdominal cramps >>>
Methotrexate (latest outcomes from 131,165 users) has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Abdominal cramps (latest reports from 617,372 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, depression.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 129,821 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 1,865 people (1.44%) have Abdominal Cramps.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Abdominal cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal cramps||38.85%||16.15%||11.15%||11.54%||10.77%||9.23%||2.31% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal cramps when taking Methotrexate * :
|Abdominal cramps||71.40%||28.60% |
Age of people who have Abdominal cramps when taking Methotrexate * :
|Abdominal cramps||0.24%||6.81%||13.63%||6.93%||7.88%||14.51%||21.86%||28.14% |
Severity of Abdominal cramps when taking Methotrexate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal cramps||7.14%||57.14%||28.57%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Abdominal cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal cramps||0.00%||11.11%||88.89% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (903 people, 48.42%)
- Prophylaxis (139 people, 7.45%)
- Crohn's disease (136 people, 7.29%)
- Pain (131 people, 7.02%)
- Hypertension (118 people, 6.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (557 people, 29.87%)
- Humira (510 people, 27.35%)
- Prednisone (404 people, 21.66%)
- Enbrel (295 people, 15.82%)
- Remicade (213 people, 11.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal Cramps while taking Methotrexate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Abdominal Cramps
- support group for people who take Methotrexate
- support group for people who have Abdominal Cramps
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Methotrexate, Abdominal cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so par ...
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
More reviews for: Methotrexate, Abdominal cramps
On eHealthMe, Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Methotrexate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Methotrexate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cozaar, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Zanaflex, Seroquel, Remeron, Cymbalta, Daypro, Folic Acid, Enbrel, Methotrexate for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Aat Deficiency, Liver Fatty, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tension, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Stomach Pain
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate Sodium for a patient with Psoriasis. The patient has Stomach Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Levetiracetam, Folic Acid, Methotrexate Preservative Free for a patient with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
More related studies for: Methotrexate, Abdominal cramps
Recent Methotrexate related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Methotrexate, Abdominal cramps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (5 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (1 hour ago)
- Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 76-year old man who has DVT (4 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
Recent user comments
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (6 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Recently increased dose to 60 mg/day. Pic started ab ... " (9 hours ago)
- Eyelid Ptosis
- Wet Lungs Newborns
- Wet Lungs Newborns