Home > Methotrexate > Application site pruritus > Methotrexate and Application site pruritus
Review: could Methotrexate cause Application site pruritus?
We study 129,821 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Application site pruritus. Find out below who they are, when they have Application site pruritus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Application site pruritus >>>
Methotrexate (latest outcomes from 131,165 users) has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Application site pruritus
Application site pruritus (application site severe itching of the skin) (latest reports from 15,748 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, hormone replacement therapy, back pain.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 129,821 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 23 people (0.02%) have Application Site Pruritus.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Application site pruritus * :
Gender of people who have Application site pruritus when taking Methotrexate * :
|Application site pruritus||86.36%||13.64% |
Age of people who have Application site pruritus when taking Methotrexate * :
|Application site pruritus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||33.33%||33.33%||27.78% |
Severity of Application site pruritus when taking Methotrexate ** :
How people recovered from Application site pruritus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (15 people, 65.22%)
- Ovarian cyst (6 people, 26.09%)
- Pain (3 people, 13.04%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 13.04%)
- Blood pressure (2 people, 8.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (10 people, 43.48%)
- Prednisone (8 people, 34.78%)
- Folic acid (5 people, 21.74%)
- Enbrel (4 people, 17.39%)
- Duragesic-100 (3 people, 13.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Application Site Pruritus while taking Methotrexate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Application Site Pruritus
- support group for people who take Methotrexate
- support group for people who have Application Site Pruritus
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Hlab27 antigen and unexplained scratches caused by accutane
Guinea pig user of Accutane 1982. Experimental drug (told at that time) when a woman hits menopause we are not sure what will happen. I have hit early menopause 42 to be exact. Conjunctivitis, unexplained swelling in fingers, toes, kness, pseudogout (not normal according to my rheumatologist) une ...
- Has anybody had multi lobar pneumonia from reaction to methotrexate?
Bilateral multilobar pneumonia - rheumatologist considers it was caused by a reaction to methotrexate I was taking for ankylosing spondylitis and I was lucky to survive. Anyone have this and later shown to have scarring of the lungs?
- I am a 56 year old female with rheumatoid arthritis. i also have found out i have osteoporosis. i keep getting right breast sensitivity also tingling and tenderness in right scapula area...
I am a 56 year old female with tingling in my right shoulder blade and some tenderness. I have occasional breast discomfort in the same side and sometimes my rt. nipple feels sensitive. If I touch the area, the symptom on the nipple vanishes. at times the tingling travels into my neck and symptoms s ...
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
- I am on humira and methotrexate for the last 6 years and have previously had oestomylelitis and i am now suffering with pain in the same ankle has anybody had a recurrence of bone infection whilst on
I have been on Humira and Methotrexate for about 5 year's and have had previously had ostiomylius in my left Ankle . I have been suffering with pain and swelling in the same Ankle and I have had a bone scan which shows activity in the bone and I am waiting to hear what happens next but I have no fev ...
- Do all rheumatoid arthritis drugs cause shortness of breath or panic?
Took methotrexate from 2007 until 2011 and caused shortness of breath. Switched to Humira, better on pain and then Enbrel. All caused shortness of breath and was hospitalized. I have lung damage and on oxygen 24/7. Taking infusion therapy, but get severe panic attacks. Can't tolerate the pain o ...
- Could prolonged methotrexate injections(for ra) in the fatty front of the abdomen cause stomach digestive muscles to weaken, thus contribution got gastoparesis?
I have had moderate to severe RA for six years, but have been weekly injecting methotrexate into the front fatty tissue on either side of my abdomen for two years (as a supplemental drug to biologics). Is it reasonable to inquire of the possibility that those injections weakened my digestive muscle ...
- How are you reacting taking budesinide, humira folic acid and evista along with methotrexate
I have just recently started taking budesonide for collagenous colitis. The hives and flushing started after being on this drug for three weeks. I am wondering if it is a drug interaction, since I did not have these symptoms before adding budesonide to my drug regimen.
- Are there natural supplements i can take for chronic inflammation to get off prednizone.
Been to many specialists. Getting nowhere. Rheumatologist suggested taking methotrexate for reactive arthritis. Very strong drug. On prednizone for 2 months now. Want off. Scares me but when I try to get off pain is too severe. Looking for holistic answers.
More questions for: Methotrexate, Application site pruritus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Personalized review of arava
Have had RA for 10 years and was on Methotrexate those 10 years. Had nose bleeds which got progressively worse over the years and began to effect my quality of living. Doctor said it could NOT be the drug, but according to eHealth Me, it could. At urging of an ENT, I stopped taking Methotrexate ...
More reviews for: Methotrexate, Application site pruritus
On eHealthMe, Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Methotrexate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Methotrexate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Methotrexate, Application site pruritus
Recent Methotrexate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lumigan, Alphagan, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Diamox for a 24-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Arava, Methotrexate for a 49-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Stelara, Enbrel, Methotrexate for a 46-year old woman who has Psoriasis
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of St James' Wort, Methotrexate for a 23-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Enbrel for a 43-year old woman who has Traumatic Brain Injury
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Enbrel, Remicade for a 24-year old man who has Ulcerative Colitis
- Comparions of Vyvanse, Methotrexate for a 15-year old boy who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Synthroid for a 72-year old woman who has Weakness
- Comparions of Methylprednisolone, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Humira, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
More related comparison studies for: Methotrexate, Application site pruritus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (39 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (47 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- L Glutathione
- Bromfed Dm
- Breast Enlargement
- Difficulty Breathing
- Tuberculosis Reactivated