Home > Methotrexate > Basal cell carcinoma > Methotrexate and Basal cell carcinoma
Review: could Methotrexate cause Basal cell carcinoma?
Summary: Basal cell carcinoma is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Folic acid, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 129,841 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 720 have Basal cell carcinoma. Find out below who they are, when they have Basal cell carcinoma and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Basal cell carcinoma >>>
Methotrexate (latest outcomes from 131,185 users) has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Basal cell carcinoma
Basal cell carcinoma (a skin cancer, it rarely metastasizes or kills) (latest reports from 41,846 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 129,821 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 720 people (0.55%) have Basal Cell Carcinoma.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Basal cell carcinoma * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Basal cell carcinoma||10.94%||10.94%||21.88%||15.62%||18.75%||15.62%||6.25% |
Gender of people who have Basal cell carcinoma when taking Methotrexate * :
|Basal cell carcinoma||67.35%||32.65% |
Age of people who have Basal cell carcinoma when taking Methotrexate * :
|Basal cell carcinoma||0.00%||0.81%||0.16%||1.13%||1.77%||14.01%||16.26%||65.86% |
Severity of Basal cell carcinoma when taking Methotrexate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Basal cell carcinoma||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Basal cell carcinoma ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Basal cell carcinoma||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (470 people, 65.28%)
- Osteoporosis (56 people, 7.78%)
- Crohn's disease (49 people, 6.81%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (43 people, 5.97%)
- Prophylaxis (37 people, 5.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (409 people, 56.81%)
- Remicade (319 people, 44.31%)
- Prednisone (140 people, 19.44%)
- Aspirin (113 people, 15.69%)
- Omeprazole (104 people, 14.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Basal Cell Carcinoma while taking Methotrexate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Basal Cell Carcinoma
- support group for people who take Methotrexate
- support group for people who have Basal Cell Carcinoma
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Hlab27 antigen and unexplained scratches caused by accutane
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Scratches, Swelling, Burning, Nerve, Muscle Pain, Conjunctivitis, and takes Methotrexate)
Guinea pig user of Accutane 1982. Experimental drug (told at that time) when a woman hits menopause we are not sure what will happen. I have hit early menopause 42 to be exact. Conjunctivitis, unexplained swelling in fingers, toes, kness, pseudogout (not normal according to my rheumatologist) une ...
- Has anybody had multi lobar pneumonia from reaction to methotrexate?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura, Anxiety And Stress, Major Depression With Psychotic Features, Bilateral Multilobar Pneumonia, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and takes Zyprexa, Methotrexate)
Bilateral multilobar pneumonia - rheumatologist considers it was caused by a reaction to methotrexate I was taking for ankylosing spondylitis and I was lucky to survive. Anyone have this and later shown to have scarring of the lungs?
- I am a 56 year old female with rheumatoid arthritis. i also have found out i have osteoporosis. i keep getting right breast sensitivity also tingling and tenderness in right scapula area...
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Hign Blood Pressure, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate)
I am a 56 year old female with tingling in my right shoulder blade and some tenderness. I have occasional breast discomfort in the same side and sometimes my rt. nipple feels sensitive. If I touch the area, the symptom on the nipple vanishes. at times the tingling travels into my neck and symptoms s ...
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has MS, and takes Gilenya)
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
More questions for: Methotrexate, Basal cell carcinoma
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Humira: my experience
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Ankylosing Spondylitis, Reiter's Syndrome, Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate Preservative Free, Enbrel, Humira)
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
(Posted by a 33 year old man who has Nasal Septum Deviation, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Asthma Exercise Induced, and takes Methotrexate)
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Metformin, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Prednisone, Singulair, Imitrex, Nexium)
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Personalized review of arava
(Posted by a 65 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate)
Have had RA for 10 years and was on Methotrexate those 10 years. Had nose bleeds which got progressively worse over the years and began to effect my quality of living. Doctor said it could NOT be the drug, but according to eHealth Me, it could. At urging of an ENT, I stopped taking Methotrexate ...
More reviews for: Methotrexate, Basal cell carcinoma
- A study of drug interactions between Pred Forte, Pregabalin, Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Prednisolone for a patient with Sarcoidosis, Pain, Immunosuppressant Drug Level. The patient has Sleep Disorder, Cough, Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Increased, High Blood Pressure, Cataract, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Pain Of Skin, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Shortness Of Breath, Uveitis, Ectopic Heartbeat, Heart Block Congenital
Comments: Sarcoidosis caused complete heart block. Pacemaker implanted in December 2009 but for the past two years I have had palpitations caused by around 3.7 million ectopic heartbeats per year.
Sarcoidosis also in lungs and eyes. Extended use of Pred Forte caused development of cataracts, one of which h ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methotrexate, Remicade for a patient with Anterior Uveitis. The patient has
Comments: Took 5 mg remicade intravenous every 4 weeks. In year 2007 to 2008
After 2 months 25 mg injection of methotrexate weekly added with the continuation of the remicade infusions
Do not have autoimmune condition
I am immune deficient present. Developed 2 melanomas during treatment left leg du ...
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a patient with Autoimmune Disorders. The patient has Brain Mass, Postictal Headache (tension-type headache), Dizziness, Cystitis Interstitial (unknown cause characterized by bladder pain), Dyspnea (difficult or laboured breathing)
Comments: New doctor, a Rheumatologist has not yet diagnosed me other than inflammatory arthritis. Symptoms for 20 yrs. She is considering Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus, Sjogren's. I have symptoms of all, ana has been positive for 20 yrs, XR shows problems with synovitis in hands, XR of chest shows multiple ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Diflucan, Lexapro, Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a patient with Rash, Skin Infection - Yeast, Depression, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Rash Scaly
Comments: Hives started on left temple and right lower jaw bone. Next day started underneath my chin. Had some small bumps...itched, hurt. Two days later rash/hives spread to arms, hands, chest and around waist. I had small areas on both hands that resembled blisters. Tried Prednisone and after first rou ...
More related studies for: Methotrexate, Basal cell carcinoma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Gastritis and Hypothyroidism
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Uterine Fibroids
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (13 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (16 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (45 minutes ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (39 minutes ago)
- Compare Cellcept and Prograf and Rapamune for a 50-year old woman (43 minutes ago)
- Gymnema Sylvestre for a 72-year old man who has High Blood Sugar (1 hour ago)