From FDA reports: Methotrexate and Blood glucose increased
This is a study of Blood glucose increased among people who take Methotrexate. The study analyzes: the time on Methotrexate when people have Blood glucose increased, gender and age of these people, the severity of Blood glucose increased, how they recovered, and common conditions and drugs used besides Methotrexate. In total 123,553 Methotrexate users are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is used in rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, arthritis, psoriasis, systemic lupus erythematosus. Commonly reported side effects of Methotrexate include fever, injection site pain, joint pain, pneumonia, nausea.
Blood glucose increased
Blood glucose increased has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression.
On Jun, 3, 2013: 123,553 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 552 people (0.45%) have Blood Glucose Increased.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Blood glucose increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood glucose increased||36.07%||9.84%||4.92%||13.11%||16.39%||14.75%||4.92% |
Gender of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Methotrexate * :
|Blood glucose increased||71.26%||28.74% |
Age of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Methotrexate * :
|Blood glucose increased||0.00%||1.76%||5.49%||3.14%||2.55%||13.14%||26.67%||47.25% |
Severity of Blood glucose increased when taking Methotrexate ** :
How people recovered from Blood glucose increased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (280 people, 50.72%)
- Pain (56 people, 10.14%)
- Osteoporosis (37 people, 6.70%)
- Hypertension (37 people, 6.70%)
- Diabetes mellitus (32 people, 5.80%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (203 people, 36.78%)
- Prednisone (130 people, 23.55%)
- Humira (120 people, 21.74%)
- Enbrel (89 people, 16.12%)
- Remicade (68 people, 12.32%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
(If the study does not answer your question, use Personalized Q&A)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether blood glucose increased is from a drug or a condition
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Methotrexate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Methotrexate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Methotrexate side effects from A to Z:
Browse Methotrexate drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Related personalized Q&As (what is this?):
- The last 3 years i have been experiences excessive sweating when doing minor things. this is new for me. i have a history of crohn's disease and have developed arthritis the last 4 years.
(for a 62 year old man who has Arhtritis, Crohn's Disease, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Sulfasalazine, Effexor, Atenolol, Folic Acid, Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride W/ Atropine Sulfate, Methotrexate, Omeprazole, Celebrex)
I have dealt with Crohn's disease for 40 years. I've had several bowel resections, and live with diarrhea. Within the last 5 years I developed severe arthritis in my feet. The doctors felt everything is auto-immune related. I had the bone in both feet fused to lessen the pain. For the past 4 years I ...
Recent related drug checks on eHealthMe:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Levaquin for a 48-year old woman who has Infection (2 hours ago)
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Homatropine Methylbromide for a 55-year old man who has Pain (2 hours ago)
- Wellbutrin Sr, Strattera for a 40-year old woman who has Depression , ADD (2 hours ago)
- Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura (2 hours ago)
- Fenofibrate, Hyzaar, Estradiol, Topamax, Zoloft, Glucovance for a 50-year old woman who has Hypocholesterolaemia, Blood Pressure Management, Total Hysterectomy, Migraine Prophylaxis, Anxiety And Stress, Diabetes Mellitus Management (2 hours ago)
- Mirena for a 17-year old girl who has Contraception (3 hours ago)
- Multivitamin, Children's Zyrtec Allergy, Albuterol Sulfate, Singulair, Risperidone for a 6-year old boy who has General Health, Allergies, Asthma , Asthma, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (3 hours ago)
- Geodon for a 43-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder (3 hours ago)
- Methadone Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman who has Chronic Pain (4 hours ago)
- Topamax for a 29-year old woman who has Migraine (4 hours ago)