Review: could Methotrexate cause Blood glucose increased?
Summary: Blood glucose increased is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Folic acid, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 129,897 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 574 have Blood glucose increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood glucose increased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Blood glucose increased >>>
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 131,243 Methotrexate users)
Blood glucose increased
Blood glucose increased has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 65,116 Blood glucose increased patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 129,897 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 574 people (0.44%) have Blood Glucose Increased.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Blood glucose increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood glucose increased||36.07%||9.84%||4.92%||13.11%||16.39%||14.75%||4.92% |
Gender of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Methotrexate * :
|Blood glucose increased||70.99%||29.01% |
Age of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Methotrexate * :
|Blood glucose increased||0.00%||1.69%||5.26%||3.38%||2.44%||12.97%||26.13%||48.12% |
Severity of Blood glucose increased when taking Methotrexate ** :
How people recovered from Blood glucose increased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (285 people, 49.65%)
- Pain (57 people, 9.93%)
- Hypertension (40 people, 6.97%)
- Osteoporosis (37 people, 6.45%)
- Diabetes mellitus (35 people, 6.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (205 people, 35.71%)
- Prednisone (131 people, 22.82%)
- Humira (124 people, 21.60%)
- Enbrel (90 people, 15.68%)
- Remicade (69 people, 12.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Glucose Increased while taking Methotrexate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Blood Glucose Increased
- support group for people who take Methotrexate
- support group for people who have Blood glucose increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Omeprazole, Prednisone, Folic Acid, Enbrel, Methotrexate for a 56-year old woman with Depression, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Lumigan, Doxazosin Mesylate, Ramipril, Diazepam, Prednisolone, Paracetamol, Tramadol, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 66-year old man with Pressure Sore, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lung Surgery. The patient has Oral Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Orencia for a 60-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Appendicitis Perforated
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Paracetamol, Naproxen, Tramadol, Methotrexate, Enbrel for a 47-year old man with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Premature Ejaculation
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Restasis, Ventolin Hfa, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Alprazolam, Nexium, Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Enbrel, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 61-year old woman with Magnesium Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Deficiency - Folic Acid, Folic Acid Deficiency, Dry Eyes, Asthma, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Acid Reflux, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Sternum Pain, Back Pain, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Shortness Of Breath
Recent Methotrexate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.