Home > Methotrexate > Bloodshot eyes > Methotrexate and Bloodshot eyes
Review: could Methotrexate cause Bloodshot eyes (Eye redness)?
We study 129,821 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Bloodshot eyes. Find out below who they are, when they have Bloodshot eyes and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Bloodshot eyes >>>
Methotrexate (latest outcomes from 131,165 users) has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Bloodshot eyes (bloodshot eyes appear red because the vessels in the surface of the white portion of the eye (sclera) become swollen) (latest reports from 2,607 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, depression.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 129,821 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 10 people (0.01%) have Bloodshot Eyes.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Bloodshot eyes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bloodshot eyes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bloodshot eyes when taking Methotrexate * :
|Bloodshot eyes||78.57%||21.43% |
Age of people who have Bloodshot eyes when taking Methotrexate * :
|Bloodshot eyes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.38%||7.69%||0.00%||7.69%||69.23% |
Severity of Bloodshot eyes when taking Methotrexate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bloodshot eyes||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bloodshot eyes ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 100.00%)
- Carcinoma (1 people, 10.00%)
- Gastritis (1 people, 10.00%)
- Energy increased (1 people, 10.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (9 people, 90.00%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 70.00%)
- Folic acid (6 people, 60.00%)
- Naproxen (6 people, 60.00%)
- Atenolol (4 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bloodshot Eyes while taking Methotrexate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Bloodshot Eyes
- support group for people who take Methotrexate
- support group for people who have Bloodshot Eyes
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
With out decrease in HGB or HCT
From this study (2 weeks ago):
only started with heart burn a month ago, been on methotrexate about 15 yrs
From this study (2 weeks ago):
itching on shoulders and upper arms
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Methotrexate, Bloodshot eyes
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Methotrexate, Bloodshot eyes
On eHealthMe, Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Methotrexate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Methotrexate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (57 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (1 hour ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- Abscess Intestinal
- Allergenic Desensitisation Procedure
- Ionized Calcium
- Mentha Lavanduliodora