Review: could Methotrexate cause Burn from the sun (Sunburn)?
Summary: Burn from the sun is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Enbrel, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 129,908 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Burn from the sun. Find out below who they are, when they have Burn from the sun and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Burn from the sun >>>
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 131,250 Methotrexate users)
Burn from the sun
Burn from the sun has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, acne. (latest reports from 1,539 Burn from the sun patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 129,897 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 28 people (0.02%) have Burn From The Sun.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Burn from the sun * :
Gender of people who have Burn from the sun when taking Methotrexate * :
|Burn from the sun||62.07%||37.93% |
Age of people who have Burn from the sun when taking Methotrexate * :
|Burn from the sun||0.00%||0.00%||5.26%||15.79%||21.05%||5.26%||31.58%||21.05% |
Severity of Burn from the sun when taking Methotrexate ** :
How people recovered from Burn from the sun ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (12 people, 42.86%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (8 people, 28.57%)
- Psoriasis (7 people, 25.00%)
- Migraine (3 people, 10.71%)
- Bone pain (2 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Enbrel (13 people, 46.43%)
- Folic acid (7 people, 25.00%)
- Humira (5 people, 17.86%)
- Meloxicam (4 people, 14.29%)
- Remicade (4 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of methotrexate and burn from the sun on
Do you have Burn From The Sun while taking Methotrexate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Burn From The Sun
- support group for people who take Methotrexate
- support group for people who have Burn from the sun
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Omeprazole, Prednisone, Folic Acid, Enbrel, Methotrexate for a 56-year old woman with Depression, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Lumigan, Doxazosin Mesylate, Ramipril, Diazepam, Prednisolone, Paracetamol, Tramadol, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 66-year old man with Pressure Sore, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lung Surgery. The patient has Oral Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Orencia for a 60-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Appendicitis Perforated
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Paracetamol, Naproxen, Tramadol, Methotrexate, Enbrel for a 47-year old man with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Premature Ejaculation
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Restasis, Ventolin Hfa, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Alprazolam, Nexium, Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Enbrel, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 61-year old woman with Magnesium Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Deficiency - Folic Acid, Folic Acid Deficiency, Dry Eyes, Asthma, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Acid Reflux, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Sternum Pain, Back Pain, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Shortness Of Breath
Recent Methotrexate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.