Review: could Methotrexate cause Excessive thirst (Thirst - excessive)?
Summary: Excessive thirst is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Folic acid, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 129,908 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Excessive thirst. Find out below who they are, when they have Excessive thirst and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Excessive thirst >>>
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 131,250 Methotrexate users)
Excessive thirst has been reported by people with schizophrenia, high blood pressure, depression, quit smoking, diabetes. (latest reports from 2,773 Excessive thirst patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 129,897 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 28 people (0.02%) have Excessive Thirst.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Excessive thirst * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Excessive thirst||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Excessive thirst when taking Methotrexate * :
|Excessive thirst||72.41%||27.59% |
Age of people who have Excessive thirst when taking Methotrexate * :
|Excessive thirst||0.00%||4.55%||9.09%||0.00%||13.64%||13.64%||13.64%||45.45% |
Severity of Excessive thirst when taking Methotrexate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Excessive thirst||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Excessive thirst ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Excessive thirst||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 21.43%)
- Chest pain (2 people, 7.14%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 7.14%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (2 people, 7.14%)
- Crohn's disease (2 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (7 people, 25.00%)
- Remicade (5 people, 17.86%)
- Prednisone (5 people, 17.86%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (4 people, 14.29%)
- Nisoldipine (4 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Excessive Thirst while taking Methotrexate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Excessive Thirst
- support group for people who take Methotrexate
- support group for people who have Excessive Thirst
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisolone, Plaquenil, Leflunomide, Methotrexate for a 63-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Folliculitis
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 53-year old woman with Hair Loss, Iga Deficiency, Depression, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Don't Want To Socialize At All
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Thirst - Excessive
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Omeprazole, Prednisone, Folic Acid, Enbrel, Methotrexate for a 56-year old woman with Depression, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Lumigan, Doxazosin Mesylate, Ramipril, Diazepam, Prednisolone, Paracetamol, Tramadol, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 66-year old man with Pressure Sore, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lung Surgery. The patient has Oral Discharge
Recent Methotrexate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.