Home > Methotrexate > Leukoencephalopathy > Methotrexate and Leukoencephalopathy
Review: could Methotrexate cause Leukoencephalopathy?
We study 129,821 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 326 have Leukoencephalopathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Leukoencephalopathy and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Leukoencephalopathy >>>
Methotrexate (latest outcomes from 131,165 users) has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Leukoencephalopathy (disease of the white matter in the brain) (latest reports from 8,901 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, non-hodgkin's lymphoma, gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 129,821 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 326 people (0.25%) have Leukoencephalopathy.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Leukoencephalopathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Leukoencephalopathy when taking Methotrexate * :
Age of people who have Leukoencephalopathy when taking Methotrexate * :
Severity of Leukoencephalopathy when taking Methotrexate ** :
How people recovered from Leukoencephalopathy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (106 people, 32.52%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (35 people, 10.74%)
- Lymphoma (26 people, 7.98%)
- Central nervous system lymphoma (21 people, 6.44%)
- Prophylaxis (21 people, 6.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cytarabine (159 people, 48.77%)
- Vincristine (139 people, 42.64%)
- Cyclophosphamide (98 people, 30.06%)
- Etoposide (83 people, 25.46%)
- Mercaptopurine (62 people, 19.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Leukoencephalopathy while taking Methotrexate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Leukoencephalopathy
- support group for people who take Methotrexate
- support group for people who have Leukoencephalopathy
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Methotrexate, Leukoencephalopathy
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Methotrexate, Leukoencephalopathy
On eHealthMe, Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Methotrexate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Methotrexate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Methotrexate, Leukoencephalopathy
Recent Methotrexate related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Methotrexate, Leukoencephalopathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (8 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (1 hour ago)
- Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 76-year old man who has DVT (4 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
Recent user comments
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (11 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Recently increased dose to 60 mg/day. Pic started ab ... " (9 hours ago)
- Intraductal Papilloma
- Sibilant Rhonchi
- Tinea Pedis
- Alfuzosin Hydrochloride