Home > Methotrexate > Pulmonary fibrosis > Methotrexate and Pulmonary fibrosis
Review: could Methotrexate cause Pulmonary fibrosis (Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis)?
We study 129,821 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 894 have Pulmonary fibrosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pulmonary fibrosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Pulmonary fibrosis >>>
Methotrexate (latest outcomes from 131,165 users) has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Pulmonary fibrosis (formation or development of excess fibrous connective tissue (fibrosis) in the lungs) (latest reports from 60,546 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 129,821 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 894 people (0.69%) have Pulmonary Fibrosis.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Pulmonary fibrosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pulmonary fibrosis||7.11%||16.89%||11.56%||15.56%||24.89%||15.56%||8.44% |
Gender of people who have Pulmonary fibrosis when taking Methotrexate * :
|Pulmonary fibrosis||61.91%||38.09% |
Age of people who have Pulmonary fibrosis when taking Methotrexate * :
|Pulmonary fibrosis||0.00%||0.99%||1.98%||0.99%||3.58%||4.69%||16.17%||71.60% |
Severity of Pulmonary fibrosis when taking Methotrexate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Pulmonary fibrosis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Pulmonary fibrosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (498 people, 55.70%)
- Osteoporosis (23 people, 2.57%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (22 people, 2.46%)
- Depression (21 people, 2.35%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 2.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (321 people, 35.91%)
- Humira (193 people, 21.59%)
- Remicade (181 people, 20.25%)
- Prednisone (161 people, 18.01%)
- Enbrel (137 people, 15.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pulmonary Fibrosis while taking Methotrexate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Pulmonary Fibrosis
- support group for people who take Methotrexate
- support group for people who have Pulmonary Fibrosis
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 hours ago):
I find I can read something but have a difficult time relating what I have just read to another person. Although I understand what I have read, I just seem to have great difficulty putting it into words to relate
From this study (2 days ago):
Bloating nauseus mouth ulcers,sore puffy eyes
From this study (2 days ago):
Just quit methotrexate to see if depression improves.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Methotrexate, Pulmonary fibrosis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Methotrexate, Pulmonary fibrosis
On eHealthMe, Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Methotrexate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Methotrexate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (6 seconds ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (12 minutes ago)
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
- Vomiting and Add
- Vomiting and Escitalopram
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (12 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (24 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Pseudomonas Pseudomallei Infection
- Theolair Sr