Review: could Methotrexate cause Red eyes (Eye redness)?
Summary: Red eyes is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Humira, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 129,908 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Red eyes. Find out below who they are, when they have Red eyes and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Red eyes >>>
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 131,250 Methotrexate users)
Red eyes has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, depression. (latest reports from 743 Red eyes patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 129,897 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 10 people (0.01%) have Red Eyes.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Red eyes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Red eyes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Red eyes when taking Methotrexate * :
|Red eyes||78.57%||21.43% |
Age of people who have Red eyes when taking Methotrexate * :
|Red eyes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.38%||7.69%||0.00%||7.69%||69.23% |
Severity of Red eyes when taking Methotrexate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Red eyes||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Red eyes ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 100.00%)
- Carcinoma (1 people, 10.00%)
- Gastritis (1 people, 10.00%)
- Energy increased (1 people, 10.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (9 people, 90.00%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 70.00%)
- Folic acid (6 people, 60.00%)
- Naproxen (6 people, 60.00%)
- Atenolol (4 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of methotrexate and red eyes on
Do you have Red Eyes while taking Methotrexate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Red Eyes
- support group for people who take Methotrexate
- support group for people who have Red eyes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Omeprazole, Prednisone, Folic Acid, Enbrel, Methotrexate for a 56-year old woman with Depression, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Lumigan, Doxazosin Mesylate, Ramipril, Diazepam, Prednisolone, Paracetamol, Tramadol, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 66-year old man with Pressure Sore, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lung Surgery. The patient has Oral Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Orencia for a 60-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Appendicitis Perforated
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Paracetamol, Naproxen, Tramadol, Methotrexate, Enbrel for a 47-year old man with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Premature Ejaculation
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Restasis, Ventolin Hfa, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Alprazolam, Nexium, Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Enbrel, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 61-year old woman with Magnesium Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Deficiency - Folic Acid, Folic Acid Deficiency, Dry Eyes, Asthma, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Acid Reflux, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Sternum Pain, Back Pain, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Shortness Of Breath
Recent Methotrexate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.