Home > Methotrexate > Renal failure > Methotrexate and Renal failure
Review: could Methotrexate cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
We study 129,821 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,150 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Renal failure >>>
Methotrexate (latest outcomes from 131,137 users) has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 426,720 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 129,775 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 1,417 people (1.09%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||48.57%||8.57%||6.79%||8.57%||15.71%||7.14%||4.64% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Methotrexate * :
|Renal failure||58.46%||41.54% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Methotrexate * :
|Renal failure||0.72%||3.06%||15.38%||3.70%||4.91%||13.12%||19.81%||39.29% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Methotrexate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Renal failure||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (461 people, 32.53%)
- Hypertension (77 people, 5.43%)
- Osteoporosis (72 people, 5.08%)
- Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (67 people, 4.73%)
- Prophylaxis (46 people, 3.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (312 people, 22.02%)
- Folic acid (287 people, 20.25%)
- Humira (219 people, 15.46%)
- Cyclophosphamide (218 people, 15.38%)
- Remicade (197 people, 13.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Methotrexate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Methotrexate
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
I had a little recovery of the renal function since y stop azulfidine an methtrexate, a week ago
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Methotrexate, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
More reviews for: Methotrexate, Renal failure
On eHealthMe, Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Methotrexate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Methotrexate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Latuda for a 36-year old woman who has Migraine, Nerve Pain, Bipolar 2 (54 minutes ago)
- Micronor for a 38-year old woman who has Pain (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
Recent user comments
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (6 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "Been on protonix for 3 weeks when the pain, swelling, ... " (1 hour ago)
- Caduet (pfizer) Eq 5mg Base;eq 10mg Base
- Orapred Odt (medicis) Eq 15mg Base
- Orapred Odt Medicis Eq 15mg Base
- Vancomycin Hydrochloride
- Cortex Magnoliae Officinalis