Home > Methotrexate > Squamous cell cancer - mouth > Methotrexate and Squamous cell cancer - mouth
Review: could Methotrexate cause Squamous cell cancer - mouth (Oral cancer)?
Summary: Squamous cell cancer - mouth is found among people who take Methotrexate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Humira, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 129,841 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Squamous cell cancer - mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Squamous cell cancer - mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Squamous cell cancer - mouth >>>
Methotrexate (latest outcomes from 131,185 users) has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Squamous cell cancer - mouth
Squamous cell cancer - mouth (mouth cancer of a kind of epithelial cell) (latest reports from 3,565 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 129,821 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 6 people (0.00%) have Squamous Cell Cancer - Mouth.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Squamous cell cancer - mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Squamous cell cancer - mouth||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Squamous cell cancer - mouth when taking Methotrexate * :
|Squamous cell cancer - mouth||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Squamous cell cancer - mouth when taking Methotrexate * :
|Squamous cell cancer - mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||16.67%||66.67% |
Severity of Squamous cell cancer - mouth when taking Methotrexate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Squamous cell cancer - mouth||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Squamous cell cancer - mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Squamous cell cancer - mouth||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (5 people, 83.33%)
- Thyroid disorder (1 people, 16.67%)
- Fluid retention (1 people, 16.67%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (1 people, 16.67%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (4 people, 66.67%)
- Remicade (3 people, 50.00%)
- Meloxicam (2 people, 33.33%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (1 people, 16.67%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Squamous Cell Cancer - Mouth while taking Methotrexate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Squamous Cell Cancer - Mouth
- support group for people who take Methotrexate
- support group for people who have Squamous Cell Cancer - Mouth
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Hlab27 antigen and unexplained scratches caused by accutane
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Scratches, Swelling, Burning, Nerve, Muscle Pain, Conjunctivitis, and takes Methotrexate)
Guinea pig user of Accutane 1982. Experimental drug (told at that time) when a woman hits menopause we are not sure what will happen. I have hit early menopause 42 to be exact. Conjunctivitis, unexplained swelling in fingers, toes, kness, pseudogout (not normal according to my rheumatologist) une ...
- Has anybody had multi lobar pneumonia from reaction to methotrexate?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura, Anxiety And Stress, Major Depression With Psychotic Features, Bilateral Multilobar Pneumonia, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and takes Zyprexa, Methotrexate)
Bilateral multilobar pneumonia - rheumatologist considers it was caused by a reaction to methotrexate I was taking for ankylosing spondylitis and I was lucky to survive. Anyone have this and later shown to have scarring of the lungs?
- I am a 56 year old female with rheumatoid arthritis. i also have found out i have osteoporosis. i keep getting right breast sensitivity also tingling and tenderness in right scapula area...
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Hign Blood Pressure, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate)
I am a 56 year old female with tingling in my right shoulder blade and some tenderness. I have occasional breast discomfort in the same side and sometimes my rt. nipple feels sensitive. If I touch the area, the symptom on the nipple vanishes. at times the tingling travels into my neck and symptoms s ...
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has MS, and takes Gilenya)
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
More questions for: Methotrexate, Squamous cell cancer - mouth
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Humira: my experience
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Ankylosing Spondylitis, Reiter's Syndrome, Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate Preservative Free, Enbrel, Humira)
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
(Posted by a 33 year old man who has Nasal Septum Deviation, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Asthma Exercise Induced, and takes Methotrexate)
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Metformin, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Prednisone, Singulair, Imitrex, Nexium)
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Personalized review of arava
(Posted by a 65 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate)
Have had RA for 10 years and was on Methotrexate those 10 years. Had nose bleeds which got progressively worse over the years and began to effect my quality of living. Doctor said it could NOT be the drug, but according to eHealth Me, it could. At urging of an ENT, I stopped taking Methotrexate ...
More reviews for: Methotrexate, Squamous cell cancer - mouth
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a patient with Psoriasis. The patient has Weight Loss - Unintentional
Comments: I have had 3 periods in one month and have lost 25 pounds unplanned.
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Cobalamin, Actonel, Vitamin D, Calcium, Omeprazole, Methotrexate, Prednisone for a patient with Methotrexate Use, Pernicious Anemia, Steroid Use, Gerd, Boop. The patient has
Comments: Also take Vitamin D, Actonel,Calcium, B-12, Folic acid
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Source of diarrhea unknown still
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a patient with Vasculitis Cerebral. The patient has Painful Response To Normal Stimuli, Rapid Heart Beat, Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
Comments: With out decrease in HGB or HCT
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a patient with Plaque Psoriasis. The patient has Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Heartburn - Chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus)
Comments: only started with heart burn a month ago, been on methotrexate about 15 yrs
More related studies for: Methotrexate, Squamous cell cancer - mouth
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.