Home > Methotrexate > Venoocclusive liver disease > Methotrexate and Venoocclusive liver disease
Review: could Methotrexate cause Venoocclusive liver disease?
We study 129,821 people who have side effects while taking Methotrexate from FDA and social media. Among them, 303 have Venoocclusive liver disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Venoocclusive liver disease and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Venoocclusive liver disease >>>
Methotrexate (latest outcomes from 131,137 users) has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Venoocclusive liver disease
Venoocclusive liver disease (small veins in the liver are obstructed) (latest reports from 7,759 patients) has been reported by people with acute myeloid leukaemia, stem cell transplant, prophylaxis against graft versus host disease, bone marrow conditioning regimen, bone marrow transplant.
On Aug, 24, 2014: 129,765 people reported to have side effects when taking Methotrexate. Among them, 303 people (0.23%) have Venoocclusive Liver Disease. They amount to 3.91% of all the 7,759 people who have Venoocclusive Liver Disease on eHealthMe.
Time on Methotrexate when people have Venoocclusive liver disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Venoocclusive liver disease||92.68%||3.66%||0.00%||3.66%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Venoocclusive liver disease when taking Methotrexate * :
|Venoocclusive liver disease||42.81%||57.19% |
Age of people who have Venoocclusive liver disease when taking Methotrexate * :
|Venoocclusive liver disease||5.88%||24.31%||14.12%||16.47%||4.31%||10.98%||19.22%||4.71% |
Severity of Venoocclusive liver disease when taking Methotrexate ** :
How people recovered from Venoocclusive liver disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bone marrow conditioning regimen (46 people, 15.18%)
- Graft versus host disease (46 people, 15.18%)
- Prophylaxis (40 people, 13.20%)
- Bone marrow transplant (38 people, 12.54%)
- Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (24 people, 7.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cyclosporine (132 people, 43.56%)
- Cyclophosphamide (126 people, 41.58%)
- Tacrolimus (91 people, 30.03%)
- Prograf (66 people, 21.78%)
- Acyclovir (52 people, 17.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Venoocclusive Liver Disease while taking Methotrexate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Methotrexate and have Venoocclusive Liver Disease
- group for people who take Methotrexate
- group for people who have Venoocclusive Liver Disease
Comments from related studies:
From this study (18 hours ago):
All lesions necrosis
I live in chronic pain and fatigue
Lisa on Sep, 4, 2014:
Female 55 I have bechets. Diagnosed at 39. I take every medication on that list except I dropped methotrexate. I worse since I dropped it. And I have every symptom including ganglion cyst which needs to be surgically removed to the throat lesion. I can barely function. The only 5hing I dont have is the allergic cough. I did have mrsa phenomia once. Oh most recently plursey. I have been ivig dependent for 13 years.
From this study (1 week ago):
take subque due to illeostomy on weekly basis
From this study (1 week ago):
I recently quit taking all meds due to loss of insurance coverage. I have been having symptoms for a week that seem to only get worse
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Methotrexate, Venoocclusive liver disease
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Personalized review of arava
Have had RA for 10 years and was on Methotrexate those 10 years. Had nose bleeds which got progressively worse over the years and began to effect my quality of living. Doctor said it could NOT be the drug, but according to eHealth Me, it could. At urging of an ENT, I stopped taking Methotrexate ...
More reviews for: Methotrexate, Venoocclusive liver disease
On eHealthMe, Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Methotrexate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Methotrexate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (53 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (1 hour ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atrial Fibrillation and Thyroxine Increased
- Itching and Hypertension
- Xarelto and Constipation
- Phentermine and Overactive Thyroid
- Orencia and Stiff Neck
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- Semen Volume Increased
- Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride
- Baked Beans