Review: could Methylprednisolone cause Bad dreams (Nightmares)?
Summary: Bad dreams is found among people who take Methylprednisolone, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Efavirenz, and have Hiv infection.
We study 5,131 people who have side effects while taking Methylprednisolone from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Bad dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Bad dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methylprednisolone and have Bad dreams >>>
Methylprednisolone has active ingredients of methylprednisolone. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from Methylprednisolone 5,875 users)
Bad dreams (unpleasant dreams) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Bad dreams 14,120 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 5,128 people reported to have side effects when taking Methylprednisolone. Among them, 7 people (0.14%) have Bad Dreams.
Time on Methylprednisolone when people have Bad dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bad dreams||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bad dreams when taking Methylprednisolone * :
|Bad dreams||57.14%||42.86% |
Age of people who have Bad dreams when taking Methylprednisolone * :
|Bad dreams||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||28.57%||28.57%||14.29% |
Severity of Bad dreams when taking Methylprednisolone ** :
How people recovered from Bad dreams ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (3 people, 42.86%)
- Bronchospasm (1 people, 14.29%)
- Depression (1 people, 14.29%)
- Demyelination (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Efavirenz (3 people, 42.86%)
- Lamivudine (3 people, 42.86%)
- Zidovudine (3 people, 42.86%)
- Etoposide (2 people, 28.57%)
- Diltiazem (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bad Dreams while taking Methylprednisolone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methylprednisolone and have Bad Dreams
- support group for people who take Methylprednisolone
- support group for people who have Bad Dreams
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does flecainide cause bad dreams (1 answer)
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Bad Dreams, and takes Flecainide Acetate)
I have been taking Flecainide for A.Fib and flutter for a year and a half and it is working extremely well in controlling those problems. However, I seem to have more bad dreams than before I started taking Flecainide. I am wondering if others have experienced the same problem. I also take metrp ...
- Nasal and chest infection and congestion
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Stuffy Nose Chest Congestion And Swelling Of Cheek Bones, and takes Methylprednisolone)
I have been suffering stuffy nose and chest congestion and swelling of cheek bones due to infection, started taking methyprednisone and yesterday and no relieve as of yet i am getting worse.
- Halcion causing vivid dreams and nightmares
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has Nightmares, Vivid Dreams, and takes Halcion, Prochlorperazine)
initial hour of sleep was ok but i awoke to a bad dream, now upon closing my eyes the dreams become far more outrages, vivid and constantly appear in my minds eye. I am currently typing this to avoid sleeping.
- I use cannabis to control my ritalin side effects. is this good? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 22 year old man who has Decreased Appetite, Difficulty Falling Asleep, Bad Dreams, Stress After Work (evening), and takes Ritalin, Cannabis, Cannabis Sativa)
-Hi everyone,I was diagnosed A.D.D. in July 2012 and I started smoking everyday(after work,evening) since April 2013 and right now we are November 2013.
(sorry for my bad English)
I've stopped last week from smoking cannabis because I wanted to experiment and inform myself if it was really hel ...
- I'm retired army master sergeant, ive gone to the va and keep testing positive for spironolactone. dr keeps asking why in my urine?
(Asked by a 45 year old man who has Night Sweats, Nightmares, Fatigue, and takes Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Xanax, Celexa, Triamcinolone, Gabapentin, Bupropion Hydrochloride)
here's my issue. I'm retired Army guy, 20yrs. I have started going to the VA in Jonson City Tenn. and of course we have to provide urine test at every other visit about three months apart, and for over two years I keep testing positive for Spironolactone and I have no idea why this is in my system. ...
More questions for: Methylprednisolone, Bad dreams
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Methylprednisolone none ending nightmer (1 response)
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has The World Turns And The Door Moves Lose Of Balance, and takes Methylprednisolone)
methylprednisolone i call it dethylpredinsolone I feel as if my brain is shutting down at a very slow rate on 08/12/14 i walked to patient first of sterling, va. was diagnosed with poison oak/iv (depending on the doc.)then the doctor asked me if i have any allergy and i say yes to see shell foods a ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Ultracent caused nightmare
(Posted by a 17 year old boy who has Nightmare)
I had the worst nightmare I have had since I was a child. Probably the worst one I've had ever. I woke up crying and was thrashing around in my sleep. I'm currently to terrified to move from my bed. Just a fair warning.
More reviews for: Methylprednisolone, Bad dreams
- A study of side effects of Daytrana for a patient with Hyperness Adhd. The patient has Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams)
Comments: My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always under control with the same medication (Depakote) Depakote never gave any side effects. These dreams came on when he started taking methylphenidate er
- A study of side effects of Methylprednisolone for a patient with Poison Ivy. The patient has Petechiae Rash Both Sides Of Abdomen
Comments: Started prednisone by mouth yesterday, taking 6 tablets yesterday (intermittently during day), 5 tablets today, and decreasing by one until finished (21 pills in all). Noticed this 'rash' last night . . .still present today. I'm also on Quinapril, Premarin, Xanax, Paxil.
Poison ivy seems to be ...
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of side effects of Simcor for a patient with Hyperlipidemia. The patient has Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams)
Comments: Almost every night I have real bizarre dreams. My dreams have been classified as nightmares by a psychologist (discussions during marriage counseling). I often kick my feet and legs; I sometimes sit bolt upright in bed and wave my arms around. Sometimes I wake up suddenly, frightened and in a physi ...
- A study of side effects of Bystolic for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Confusion, Nightmares (unpleasant dreams), Insomnia (sleeplessness), Joint Pain, Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears), Dry Mouth, Feeling Hot And Cold, Dizziness, Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body), Cold Exposure - Extremities (damage is caused to skin and other tissues due to freezing), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Hair Loss, Vision Blurred, Headache (pain in head)
Comments: Bystolic was effective in lowering my blood pressure. However, this drug has caused HORRIFIC problems for me. I have never had anything affect me so adversely. I believe that at first I was metabolizing it well, but after a couple of weeks I felt poisoned. It has been 5 months since I stopped ta ...
More related studies for: Methylprednisolone, Bad dreams
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.