Methylprednisolone and Enlarged prostate - from FDA reports
Enlarged prostate is found among people who take Methylprednisolone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Combivent, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Enlarged prostate with Methylprednisolone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,909 people who have side effects when taking Methylprednisolone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
22,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Methylprednisolone.
Among them, 10 people (0.04%) have Enlarged prostate
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Methylprednisolone when people have Enlarged prostate *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Enlarged prostate when taking Methylprednisolone *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Enlarged prostate when taking Methylprednisolone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 75.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 person, 10.00%)
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (1 person, 10.00%)
- Impaired Gastric Emptying (1 person, 10.00%)
- Immunodeficiency Disorders (1 person, 10.00%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (1 person, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (5 people, 50.00%)
- Flomax (5 people, 50.00%)
- Coumadin (5 people, 50.00%)
- Combivent (5 people, 50.00%)
- Lactulose (4 people, 40.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 50.00%)
- Constipation (5 people, 50.00%)
- Chest Pain (5 people, 50.00%)
- Weight Increased (4 people, 40.00%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (4 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Enlarged prostate when taking Methylprednisolone?
- Check symptoms - is enlarged prostate caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEnlarged prostate and drugs with ingredients of methylprednisolone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEnlarged prostate and Methylprednisolone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Methylprednisolone has active ingredients of methylprednisolone. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from Methylprednisolone 24,031 users)
Enlarged prostate has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, enlarged prostate, prostate examination abnormal (latest reports from 26,240 Enlarged prostate patients).
Browse all side effects of Methylprednisolonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Enlarged prostateEnlarged prostate
Could your condition cause Enlarged prostateEnlarged prostate
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I have been taking glaucoma medicines with side effects that include wheezing, shortness of breath drowsiness, lethargy, Blepharitis. I have all of them and am considered a "one percenter" because supposedly only 1 to 4 people out of 100 are affected. Around the beginning of April of this year ...
I first noticed it felt like I was sitting on a lump in the couch and the burning after urination I have been on Cipro for three weeks and it doesn't seem much better Has anybody had the symptoms please help
Problems began with UTI 3 months ago. Onset of UTI accompanied by persistent urge to move bowels. First line antibiotics haven't worked. Doctor refuses to try stronger ones. Suspect Prostatitis but doctors disagree. Constant trips to bathroom are causing exhaustion, weight loss, and falls. No ...