Review: could Methylprednisolone cause Vaginal yeast infection?
Summary: Vaginal yeast infection is reported only by a few people who take Methylprednisolone.
We study 5,131 people who have side effects while taking Methylprednisolone from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Vaginal yeast infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Vaginal yeast infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Methylprednisolone and have Vaginal yeast infection >>>
Methylprednisolone has active ingredients of methylprednisolone. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from Methylprednisolone 5,875 users)
Vaginal yeast infection
Vaginal yeast infection has been reported by people with birth control, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Vaginal yeast infection 1,307 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 5,128 people reported to have side effects when taking Methylprednisolone. Among them, 5 people (0.10%) have Vaginal Yeast Infection.
Time on Methylprednisolone when people have Vaginal yeast infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vaginal yeast infection||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vaginal yeast infection when taking Methylprednisolone * :
|Vaginal yeast infection||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vaginal yeast infection when taking Methylprednisolone * :
|Vaginal yeast infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Vaginal yeast infection when taking Methylprednisolone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vaginal yeast infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vaginal yeast infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (3 people, 60.00%)
- Restless legs syndrome (3 people, 60.00%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (3 people, 60.00%)
- Essential hypertension (3 people, 60.00%)
- Hot flush (3 people, 60.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Mobic (3 people, 60.00%)
- Clonazepam (3 people, 60.00%)
- Neurontin (3 people, 60.00%)
- Patanol (3 people, 60.00%)
- Allegra (3 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vaginal Yeast Infection while taking Methylprednisolone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Methylprednisolone and have Vaginal Yeast Infection
- support group for people who take Methylprednisolone
- support group for people who have Vaginal Yeast Infection
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar. (1 answer)
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cleared this stuborn condition.
- Nasal and chest infection and congestion
I have been suffering stuffy nose and chest congestion and swelling of cheek bones due to infection, started taking methyprednisone and yesterday and no relieve as of yet i am getting worse.
- While taking a medrol 4 mg. pill pack, (a blood test was done) can a false reading occur for the vitamin-d level or score lower than 30 occur?
I thought I was having a heart attack. I went to an E.R. was admitted, after many tests it was not. Three days later I went to my family doctor, believed in was due to my lungs. I was prescribed a 4 mg. medrol pill pack. About 4-5 days later I was still having chest pains so I went back. Another doctor order multiply blood tests and scans. I was contacted by the doctors office and told I had a vitamin D deficiency. Can this blood test be wrong? Can or does a Medrol 4-Mg. pill pack, MethylPREDNISolone is the brand name, cause a vitamin D deficiency? Please help,
- Causes of polyuria post renal transplantation (living donor)
Persistent polyuria 3 weeks after renal transplantation from living don or. O
Pre-transplant urine output of 2,5l/day, no dialysis performed prior to operation.
Receiver: male, age 28, 190cm/85kg
Donor: female, age 31, 175cm/65kg
- Why would methylpredisolone make my face red
I was at the hospital last night and they gave me a shot of solumedrol 125mg and toradol 60mg. Today I went fill my prescriptions of medrol pak 4mg flexeril 10mg and lortab 7.5mg. Why would my face and chest be red like it is sun burnt.
More questions for: Methylprednisolone, Vaginal yeast infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Methylprednisolone none ending nightmer (1 response)
methylprednisolone i call it dethylpredinsolone I feel as if my brain is shutting down at a very slow rate on 08/12/14 i walked to patient first of sterling, va. was diagnosed with poison oak/iv (depending on the doc.)then the doctor asked me if i have any allergy and i say yes to see shell foods and other bugs then she prescribes methylprednisolone . 4 days later i had become hipper agitated unable to do things with out messing things up so i stopped only 3 left or 2 day of treatment. i am developing slowing down brain function ,slow communication, dizziness, headaches,lose of appetite, lose of weight any sudden movement of my head simulates a mild brain seizure with lose of balance. after 2 days i go to other doctor at urgent care of sterling va. that had treated at least 4 episode of poison oak/iv in the past 7 years the doctor there told me nothing can be done i just have to wait it out and once to the emergency hospital aug.24,2014 they perform cat scan,blood test, heart test all and all is normal. (implied) diagnosis is the side effect of the drug methylprednisolone that it has to wear off but i am getting worst and not better it seams that i rather lay down its to be in a safe position today aug,29 2014 please tell me if you had this incapacitation experience and how long did it last thank you and godless. note: medical staff of all medical facilitates were preserved in there communication with me with out an exception there immediate respond was did you not read the side effect sheet i can not see a reason for saying this to me other then covering the negligent doctor (at least in there own mind) i just want to get better.
- Kenalog injection nightmare! (1 response)
First weird symptom started with a mild sore throat that turned into swollen throat that felt like I had an obstructed airway.
Then about 2 weeks after that I had a period that lasted on and off extremely heavy for 3 weeks
Then I noticed a large indent on top of my right butt cheek
Shortly after that a dreaded yeast infection.
I had no idea that all of this was a result of the injection I received until I tried to find out why I had this indentation on my butt!!! I'm soooooo angry! This will cost me thousands to have fixed, never mind what other afflictions I might get in the meantime!!! :(
More reviews for: Methylprednisolone, Vaginal yeast infection
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Started prednisone by mouth yesterday, taking 6 tablets yesterday (intermittently during day), 5 tablets today, and decreasing by one until finished (21 pills in all). Noticed this 'rash' last night . . .still present today. I'm also on Quinapril, Premarin, Xanax, Paxil.
Poison ivy seems to be ...
- I had to take up to 98mgs a day to get the skin conditions under control. Have slowly been coming off the drugs and am now down to 26mgs a day. Have developed Dysphonia and a slew of other side effects including osteo arthritis [knees], osteopeosis, occular hypertension, had both lenses in my eyes r ...
- I have been taking the levothyroxine for my hypothyroidism for about 2 years, and the lorsartan potassium for my high blood pressure for about 3 months and my thyroid level and blood pressure level is much better. In the last 2 months, I took a 6 day dose of methylprednisolone and then I took Diclof ...
- I started Suboxone for the first time a week ago, I took the medication as directed by my Dr. Approximately 2-3 days after starting the Suboxone I got my period, even though it had just ended 10 days previously, accompanied by a heavy off-white discharge, tinged with blood, and having a abnormal odo ...
- I was on the methyiprednisolone tablets, uso 4 mg for three days and got off because a rise in blood pressure. the pressure got so bad that i went to the hospital to get my pressure down. Now that i have been off of the drug my blood pressure goes up and down, but not bad. did this drug do this to ...
More related studies for: Methylprednisolone, Vaginal yeast infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.