Home > Metoclopramide > Drug abuse > Metoclopramide and Drug abuse
Review: could Metoclopramide cause Drug abuse (Drug Abuse And Dependence)?
We study 37,369 people who have side effects while taking Metoclopramide from FDA and social media. Among them, 48 have Drug abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug abuse and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Metoclopramide and have Drug abuse >>>
Metoclopramide (latest outcomes from 37,594 users) has active ingredients of metoclopramide hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea.
Drug abuse (latest reports from 59,799 patients) has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 37,369 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoclopramide. Among them, 52 people (0.14%) have Drug Abuse.
Time on Metoclopramide when people have Drug abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug abuse||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||37.50%||37.50%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Metoclopramide * :
|Drug abuse||71.15%||28.85% |
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Metoclopramide * :
|Drug abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||27.08%||10.42%||41.67%||4.17% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (10 people, 19.23%)
- Pain (8 people, 15.38%)
- Granulocytopenia (7 people, 13.46%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (7 people, 13.46%)
- Fibromyalgia (7 people, 13.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (20 people, 38.46%)
- Ultram (18 people, 34.62%)
- Oxycontin (18 people, 34.62%)
- Ambien (17 people, 32.69%)
- Doxycycline (15 people, 28.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Abuse while taking Metoclopramide?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metoclopramide and have Drug Abuse
- support group for people who take Metoclopramide
- support group for people who have Drug Abuse
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take reglan and allopurinol together
I need to know if i can take reglan and allopurinol together. I have nasea and uric acid problems and i am tierd of feeling like vomiting and i dont know what to take for nasea and wont interract with allopurinol thank you.
- I have a 10 cm cyst in my pancreas--i took reglan for 11 years--could that drug cause the cyst?
ANYBODY DEVELOP A CYST FROM THE RESULTS OF TAKING REGLAN FOR MANY YEARS?
- How should i take metozolv odt (to help empty my stomach and omeprazole - bicarb 40-1,10 (for reflux). one says on empty stomach, the other 1 hour brfore meals
Had cancer of the esophagus and stomach (tumor at the junction. Did chemo and radiation, had surgery, more chemo, clean pet scan. Now I cannot empty my stomach, and I suffer vomiting and acid reflux at night. I was given the Omepazole for the acid reflux and vomiting, then they discovered it was cau ...
- Paxil and metoclopramide
I have been on 10mg of paxil for 7 yrs just diagnosed with Gastroparisis and now taking reglan 3x a day
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said ...
- Does reglan cause vitamin 12 deficiency
Have been diagnosed with extreme vitamin B 12 deficiency. What could be the cause? Could medications like Reglan and vitamin d contribute???
- Hello. i suffer a great deal of pain in my diaphram tummy and it shoots up my back and down my right arm, right arm then has a mind of it own and the will not ease, it gets much worse when i have eate
serious amounts of pain that actually cripples me up.. starts in the tummy and works its way up the back and down my right arm. it gets worse on eating.
- Can nortriptyline help with suboxone withdrawal
My Dr just prescribed me nortriptyline for stress induced migraines, nausea, vomiting, and stomach pains. She knows about all my meds but the suboxone I'm not prescribed them I get them from a friend. I've been on the suboxone for about 5 years now and can't handle the withdrawals but I've gone from ...
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus & metoclopramide
My Mom while recovering from a hip fracture in a rehab center was given Metoclopramide for 2 days when she suddenly (about 2-3 hours after her dose of metoclopramide at lunch time) became completely disoriented,lethargic and could not speak. She could barely swallow, and could not drink liquids even ...
- Does ibs cause fainting?and how can i prevent the fainting? i need a drug not just life style modifications!
the symptoms are severe in the morning and in the days where i didn't get enough sleep and the problem is that lately i have been having a syncope and pre-syncope symptoms
More questions for: Metoclopramide, Drug abuse
More reviews for: Metoclopramide, Drug abuse
On eHealthMe, Metoclopramide (metoclopramide hydrochloride) is often used for nausea. Find out below the conditions Metoclopramide is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metoclopramide used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Metoclopramide, Drug abuse
Recent Metoclopramide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium, Metoclopramide, Isosorbide Dinitrate, Lasix, Plavix for a 66-year old woman who has Undefined
- Comparions of Ondansetron, Metozolv Odt for a 58-year old man who has Nausea
- Comparions of Amitiza, Reglan, Lithium Carbonate, Ambien, Lamictal for a 47-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Pepcid, Reglan, Pristiq, Nexium for a 52-year old woman who has Gastric Disorder
- Comparions of Lactulose, Metoclopramide Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Cesarean
- Comparions of Metoclopramide Hydrochloride (Teva) - EQ 10MG BASE, Pantoprazole Sodium (Dr Reddys Labs Ltd) - 40MG for a 86-year old man who has Reflux Gastritis
- Comparions of Reglan, Levoprome, Olanzapine, Prochlorperazine for a 40-year old woman who has Chemotherapy Antiemetic Prophylaxis
- Comparions of Omeprazole (Dexcel Pharma) - 20MG, Metoclopramide Hydrochloride for a 38-year old woman who has Nausea
- Comparions of Dilaudid (Purdue Pharm Prods) - 1MG/ML, Reglan (Alaven Pharm) - EQ 10MG BASE, Lorazepam (Mutual Pharm) - 2MG, Mirapex (Boehringer Ingelheim) - 0.5MG, Carbidopa And Levodopa (Teva) - 25MG;100MG for a 66-year old man who has Parkinson's Disease
- Comparions of Lyrica (Pfizer) - 100MG, Metoclopramide Hydrochloride (Actavis Elizabeth) - EQ 10MG BASE for a 42-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
More related comparison studies for: Metoclopramide, Drug abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (12 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (14 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Metastases To Diaphragm
- Weight Gain
- Adderall 10
- Exogenous Cushing Syndrome