Home > Metoclopramide > Drug abuse > Metoclopramide and Drug abuse
Review: could Metoclopramide cause Drug abuse (Drug Abuse And Dependence)?
Summary: Drug abuse is found among people who take Metoclopramide, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Atenolol, and have Anxiety.
We study 37,369 people who have side effects while taking Metoclopramide from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Drug abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metoclopramide and have Drug abuse >>>
Metoclopramide (latest outcomes from 37,596 users) has active ingredients of metoclopramide hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea.
Drug abuse (latest reports from 19,619 patients) has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety, drug dependence.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 37,369 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoclopramide. Among them, 52 people (0.14%) have Drug Abuse.
Time on Metoclopramide when people have Drug abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug abuse||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||37.50%||37.50%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Metoclopramide * :
|Drug abuse||71.15%||28.85% |
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Metoclopramide * :
|Drug abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||27.08%||10.42%||41.67%||4.17% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (10 people, 19.23%)
- Pain (8 people, 15.38%)
- Granulocytopenia (7 people, 13.46%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (7 people, 13.46%)
- Fibromyalgia (7 people, 13.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (20 people, 38.46%)
- Ultram (18 people, 34.62%)
- Oxycontin (18 people, 34.62%)
- Ambien (17 people, 32.69%)
- Doxycycline (15 people, 28.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Abuse while taking Metoclopramide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metoclopramide and have Drug Abuse
- support group for people who take Metoclopramide
- support group for people who have Drug Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the reaction to vivitrol and ritalin?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Drug Addiction, and takes Seroquel, Vivitrol, Ritalin)
25 year old client in early recovery from opioid dependence takes ritalin and seroquel and wants to add vivitrol. What are the risks and side effects?
- Can i take reglan and allopurinol together
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has High Levels Of Uric Acid, Nasea , and takes Allopurinol, Reglan)
I need to know if i can take reglan and allopurinol together. I have nasea and uric acid problems and i am tierd of feeling like vomiting and i dont know what to take for nasea and wont interract with allopurinol thank you.
- I have a 10 cm cyst in my pancreas--i took reglan for 11 years--could that drug cause the cyst?
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has HAD IT DRAINED---MIGHT GROW BACK, and takes REGLAN)
ANYBODY DEVELOP A CYST FROM THE RESULTS OF TAKING REGLAN FOR MANY YEARS?
- How should i take metozolv odt (to help empty my stomach and omeprazole - bicarb 40-1,10 (for reflux). one says on empty stomach, the other 1 hour brfore meals
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Esophageal Cancer, Stomach Cancer, Acid Reflux, and takes Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Metozolv Odt)
Had cancer of the esophagus and stomach (tumor at the junction. Did chemo and radiation, had surgery, more chemo, clean pet scan. Now I cannot empty my stomach, and I suffer vomiting and acid reflux at night. I was given the Omepazole for the acid reflux and vomiting, then they discovered it was cau ...
- Paxil and metoclopramide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Gastroparisis And Anxiety, and takes Metoclopramide, Paxil )
I have been on 10mg of paxil for 7 yrs just diagnosed with Gastroparisis and now taking reglan 3x a day
More questions for: Metoclopramide, Drug abuse
More reviews for: Metoclopramide, Drug abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Lithium Carbonate, Ambien, Reglan for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Sleep Disorder, Gastroparesis. The patient has Mania
Comments: Took Reglan for two days. Become highly manic after second day of taking med. Reglan given for gastroparesis. Inflamed intestines found during surgery. After one day of reglan, bowel movements times 14 in two days. No sleep in 36 hours. Quit taking med. Understand that Reglan is only med for Gastro ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Reglan, Potassium Gluconate, Omeprazole, Ativan, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Zofran, Phenergan for a patient with Malabsorption, Delayed Gastric Emptying, Hypokalemia, Reflux Esophagitis, Esophageal Stricture - Benign, Intestinal Spasm, Nausea, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Vomiting
Comments: Persistant vomiting. Been diagnosed with paralytic ileus thru gastric emptying study. Have a GI doc but am getting no releif from the constant vomiting malnutrition other than hospitalization until better. Sent home after a week sometimes 2. Only to become ill again weeks later. Have had CT MRI XRay ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Risperdal for a patient with ADHD, Childhood Psychosis. The patient has Ptsd, Grand Mal Seizure, Drug Abuse, Physical Abuse, Abandonment, Sexual Abuse, Night Terror, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conversion Disorder
Comments: Child was removed from her home of 13 years where child felt safe, loved, and maintained moderately well while on medications. Child has not been allowed to see her caregiver-grandmother of 13 yrs. Child was suddenly returned to drug addicted mother married to registered sex offender. Mother pimped ...
- A study of side effects of Norco for a patient with Low Back Pain. The patient has Drug Addiction
Comments: I HAVE BEEN ON NORCO 10/325 FOR OVER 5YRS TAKIN BETWEEN 20/25 PERDAY .....NOW TODAY AS I WRITE..MY EYES HAVE FINALLY OPENED TO SEE MY LIFE AND WHAT I WAS MISSING.....NEVER THOUGHT I COULD DO IT COLD TURKEY BUT I DID...YEA NOW THE DEVIL IS FINALLY OFF MY BACK..AND I HAVE CONTROL..
- A study of side effects of Metoclopramide Hydrochloride for a patient with Barrett's Esophagus. The patient has Polyneuropathy (neurological disorder that occurs when many peripheral nerves throughout the body malfunction simultaneously)
Comments: I also have restless leg syndrome and the physician took me off of Metoclopramide Hydrochloride (Teva) - EQ 10MG BASE in August of 2011 (I took between 20 and 40 mgs per day starting in the summer of 2000. The polyneuropathy started in September of 2012 though there were interminemt symptoms before ...
More related studies for: Metoclopramide, Drug abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.