Review: could Metoclopramide cause Drug abuse (Drug Abuse And Dependence)?
Summary: Drug abuse is found among people who take Metoclopramide, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Atenolol, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 37,373 people who have side effects while taking Metoclopramide from FDA and social media. Among them, 48 have Drug abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoclopramide and have Drug abuse >>>
Metoclopramide has active ingredients of metoclopramide hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. (latest outcomes from 37,599 Metoclopramide users)
Drug abuse has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, migraine, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 19,959 Drug abuse patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 37,373 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoclopramide. Among them, 52 people (0.14%) have Drug Abuse.
Time on Metoclopramide when people have Drug abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug abuse||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||37.50%||37.50%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Metoclopramide * :
|Drug abuse||71.15%||28.85% |
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Metoclopramide * :
|Drug abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||27.08%||10.42%||41.67%||4.17% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (10 people, 19.23%)
- Pain (8 people, 15.38%)
- Granulocytopenia (7 people, 13.46%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (7 people, 13.46%)
- Fibromyalgia (7 people, 13.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (20 people, 38.46%)
- Ultram (18 people, 34.62%)
- Oxycontin (18 people, 34.62%)
- Ambien (17 people, 32.69%)
- Doxycycline (15 people, 28.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metoclopramide and drug abuse on
Do you have Drug Abuse while taking Metoclopramide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoclopramide and have Drug Abuse
- support group for people who take Metoclopramide
- support group for people who have Drug Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Reglan for a 7-year old boy with Nausea. The patient has Developmental Delay
- A study of drug interactions between Mometasone Furoate, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Metoclopramide, Omeprazole for a 56-year old man with Sinusitis, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Headache, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Voltaren, Tramadol, Flexeril, Vagifem, Brimonidine Tartrate, Cymbalta, Norvasc, Metoclopramide Hcl, Eliquis for a 61-year old woman with Pain, Back Pain, Muscle Spasms, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Glaucoma, Chronic Depression, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Eye Redness
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Vitamin D, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Reglan for a 37-year old woman with Muscle Spasticity, Malabsorption, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Gastroschisis. The patient has Burning Eyes, Itching, Muscle Twitching, Muscle Spasms, Reflux
- A study of side effects of Accutane for a 20-year old man with Acne. The patient has Depression, Impulsive Behaviour, Delusional Perception (delusional perception describes, confusingly, a true perception, to which a patient attributes a false meaning), Drug Abuse, Aggression Aggravated
Recent Metoclopramide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metoclopramide Hcl, Meloxicam for a 32-year old woman who has Nausea
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium, Metoclopramide, Isosorbide Dinitrate, Lasix, Plavix for a 66-year old woman who has Undefined
- Comparions of Ondansetron, Metozolv Odt for a 58-year old man who has Nausea
- Comparions of Amitiza, Reglan, Lithium Carbonate, Ambien, Lamictal for a 47-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Pepcid, Reglan, Pristiq, Nexium for a 52-year old woman who has Gastric Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.