Review: could Metoprolol succinate cause Bloody sputum (Coughing up blood)?
Summary: Bloody sputum is found among people who take Metoprolol succinate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,352 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol succinate from FDA and social media. Among them, 95 have Bloody sputum. Find out below who they are, when they have Bloody sputum and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Bloody sputum >>>
Metoprolol succinate has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Metoprolol succinate 18,027 users)
Bloody sputum (blood in sputum) has been reported by people with lung cancer - non-small cell, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple myeloma.(latest reports from Bloody sputum 11,845 patients)
On Dec, 12, 2014: 17,352 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol succinate. Among them, 95 people (0.55%) have Bloody Sputum.
Time on Metoprolol succinate when people have Bloody sputum * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bloody sputum||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bloody sputum when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
|Bloody sputum||16.83%||83.17% |
Age of people who have Bloody sputum when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
|Bloody sputum||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.20%||3.61%||7.23%||87.95% |
Severity of Bloody sputum when taking Metoprolol succinate ** :
How people recovered from Bloody sputum ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (12 people, 12.63%)
- Cardiac disorder (6 people, 6.32%)
- Atrial fibrillation (6 people, 6.32%)
- Immunosuppression (5 people, 5.26%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (4 people, 4.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (26 people, 27.37%)
- Simvastatin (21 people, 22.11%)
- Furosemide (19 people, 20.00%)
- Coumadin (18 people, 18.95%)
- Lisinopril (14 people, 14.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bloody Sputum while taking Metoprolol Succinate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Bloody Sputum
- support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate
- support group for people who have Bloody Sputum
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can unexplained hypertension be cause by a partial thyroidectomy?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has BP 135/77 Even After Increasing Meds, and takes Acetaminophen, Fluticasone Propionate, Allegra D 24 Hour, Nexium, Valsartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Doc is trying to figure out why the BP suddenly spiked. I started an exercise regimen after a stress test. I had to be on Metoprolol just to pass the test. Results were no heart-related issues. Lost 6lbs. since starting exercise and don't know if this is Thyroidal or not. No discussion with the ...
- Can i take a cold medicing while taking metoprolol succinate er 25mg
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate)
Just want to know if can I take a cold medicine while Metoprolol Succinate ER 25mg
- Will taking dong quai interfere with the effectiveness of my nexplanon birth control implant?
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Nexplanon)
My cycle has been all over the place since getting my implant. I read Dong Quai could help with regulation but I worry it will alter the effectiveness of the birth control.
- What reactions do you have from flecainide metopralol
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Mouth Sores, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Metoprolol Succinate )
Since taking these 2 drugs I have had intermittent periods of acidy mouth with accompanying sores on my tongue. I also have periods of nightmares on a regular basic. I am taking these drugs because I have PVCs that were making me feel weak. I no longer have those problems but now have these others. ...
- Do you have gingival hyperplasia with gum inflamtiaon and loss of teeth?
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Teeth Falling Out, Gingival Hyperplasia, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate, Lisinopril)
Prolonged use of the above medicines has been identified with Gingival Hyperplasia and loss of almost all teeth. Only correction is total teeth replacement via implants etc. Too expensive and cannot afford.
More questions for: Metoprolol succinate, Bloody sputum
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
More reviews for: Metoprolol succinate, Bloody sputum
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a patient with Stop Smoking. The patient has Coughing Up Blood
Comments: I was administered an immunization D tap shot, along with prescription for chantix on the same visit. Starting chantix the next day. This was a Wednesday by Monday I became very ill with a severe dry hacking cough. Pressure in my eyes, felt tired, tried antibiotics and no relief. Day 10 of chantix, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Fluoxetine for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Itching, Urine Na+, Stools - Pale Or Clay Colored
Comments: I am wanting to find out if Prozac/Fluoxetine or Metroprolol can cause pancreatic cancer. I found out with the above symptoms that I had a blocked bile duct. In searching for the answers to these symptoms, it was discovered I had pancreatic cancer..a tumor on the head of my pancreas.
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Oxcarbazepine, Metoprolol Succinate, Simvastatin, Nexium, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Intermittent Explosive Disorder, Hypertension, Lower Cholesterol, Acid Reflux. The patient has Depression, Anger
Comments: I am concerned that my serotonin levels are dropping due to Amlodipine Besylate and Simvastatin. I have taken Lexapro (Escitalopram Oxalate),
Paxil (Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Prozac (Fluoxetine Hcl) in the past, not all at once and am considering returning to a serotonin reuptake inhibitors to re ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Heart Palpitations
Comments: Initially was given Metoprolol 25-50mg/day for high blood pressure 180/115. Was good and relaxed for about a week, then severe palpitations started to occur. Was taken off Metoprolol and put on Losartan 25-50mg/day and palpitations continued to be severe and frequent 2-5/day lasting a few minutes to ...
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Toprol-xl for a patient with PTSD, Familial Dysautonomia. The patient has Headache - Migraine With Aura
Comments: Had been feeling awful. Then I got a headache. the pain gets more severe if I bend over or move my head too quickly. I also am getting bad dizzy spells with this head ache and changes in my vision..such as loss of depth perception and blurred to tunnel vision.
More related studies for: Metoprolol succinate, Bloody sputum
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.