Review: could Metoprolol succinate cause Bloody sputum (Coughing up blood)?
Summary: Bloody sputum is found among people who take Metoprolol succinate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,389 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol succinate from FDA and social media. Among them, 95 have Bloody sputum. Find out below who they are, when they have Bloody sputum and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Bloody sputum >>>
Metoprolol succinate has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 18,066 Metoprolol succinate users)
Bloody sputum (blood in sputum) has been reported by people with lung cancer - non-small cell, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 11,856 Bloody sputum patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 17,389 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol succinate. Among them, 95 people (0.55%) have Bloody Sputum.
Time on Metoprolol succinate when people have Bloody sputum * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bloody sputum||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bloody sputum when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
|Bloody sputum||16.83%||83.17% |
Age of people who have Bloody sputum when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
|Bloody sputum||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.20%||3.61%||7.23%||87.95% |
Severity of Bloody sputum when taking Metoprolol succinate ** :
How people recovered from Bloody sputum ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (12 people, 12.63%)
- Cardiac disorder (6 people, 6.32%)
- Atrial fibrillation (6 people, 6.32%)
- Immunosuppression (5 people, 5.26%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (4 people, 4.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (26 people, 27.37%)
- Simvastatin (21 people, 22.11%)
- Furosemide (19 people, 20.00%)
- Coumadin (18 people, 18.95%)
- Lisinopril (14 people, 14.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bloody Sputum while taking Metoprolol Succinate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Bloody Sputum
- support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate
- support group for people who have Bloody Sputum
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of side effects of Toprol-xl for a 49-year old man with High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
Recent Metoprolol succinate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.