Home > Metoprolol succinate > Depression > Metoprolol succinate and Depression
Review: could Metoprolol succinate cause Depression?
We study 17,342 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol succinate from FDA and social media. Among them, 445 have Depression. Find out below who they are, when they have Depression and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Depression >>>
Metoprolol succinate (latest outcomes from 18,001 users) has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Depression (latest reports from 1,153,652 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure.
On Sep, 18, 2014: 17,328 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol succinate. Among them, 445 people (2.57%) have Depression.
Time on Metoprolol succinate when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
Severity of Depression when taking Metoprolol succinate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (79 people, 17.75%)
- Depression (53 people, 11.91%)
- Pain (37 people, 8.31%)
- Bipolar disorder (25 people, 5.62%)
- Prophylaxis (22 people, 4.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (96 people, 21.57%)
- Lipitor (83 people, 18.65%)
- Lisinopril (70 people, 15.73%)
- Furosemide (69 people, 15.51%)
- Zometa (62 people, 13.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Depression while taking Metoprolol Succinate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Depression
- group for people who take Metoprolol succinate
- group for people who have Depression
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
MY blood sugar has raised significatly after taking, celexa, lamictal and adderall. Short term memory loss, reluctant decision making, worry increase, heavy sweating,irritable.
From this study (4 weeks ago):
I am concerned that my serotonin levels are dropping due to Amlodipine Besylate and Simvastatin. I have taken Lexapro (Escitalopram Oxalate),
Paxil (Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Prozac (Fluoxetine Hcl) in the past, not all at once and am considering returning to a serotonin reuptake inhibitors to reduce the constant agitation that I am experiencing.
From this study (1 month ago):
My most severe symptoms would be the shortness of breath, muscle weakness and this chronic pain under my left rib that goes around to my back and up to my shoulder blade. Occasionally that pain will go to my left chest, clavicle and jaw. But all of my pain is on the left side. I have degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis too. Chronic headaches are dizziness are awful and debilitating.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Metoprolol succinate, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
More reviews for: Metoprolol succinate, Depression
On eHealthMe, Metoprolol Succinate (metoprolol succinate) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Metoprolol Succinate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metoprolol Succinate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (10 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (10 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (19 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (22 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (35 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Tooth Loss
- Ornithine Hcl
- High Blood Glucose Level