Review: could Metoprolol succinate cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Metoprolol succinate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,385 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol succinate from FDA and social media. Among them, 239 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Muscle spasms >>>
Metoprolol succinate has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 18,065 Metoprolol succinate users)
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 56,975 Muscle spasms patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 17,385 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol succinate. Among them, 239 people (1.37%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Metoprolol succinate when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||29.41%||35.29%||0.00%||11.76%||17.65%||5.88%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
|Muscle spasms||65.04%||34.96% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.00%||1.99%||23.88%||18.91%||54.23% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Metoprolol succinate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||83.33%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (38 people, 15.90%)
- Osteoporosis (15 people, 6.28%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (13 people, 5.44%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (12 people, 5.02%)
- Breast cancer (10 people, 4.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (62 people, 25.94%)
- Lipitor (44 people, 18.41%)
- Prilosec (29 people, 12.13%)
- Zometa (29 people, 12.13%)
- Nexium (26 people, 10.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metoprolol succinate and muscle spasms on
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Metoprolol Succinate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 44-year old woman with Croup. The patient has Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 56-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)
- A study of side effects of Minocycline Hydrochloride for a 22-year old man with Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction), Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin)
Recent Metoprolol succinate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate, Toprol-xl for a 49-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Cardizem for a 94-year old man who has Heart Valve Incompetence
- Comparions of Atenolol, Metoprolol Tartrate, Metoprolol Succinate for a 49-year old man who has Heart Failure
- Comparions of Cozaar, Toprol-xl, Crestor for a 75-year old woman who has Key Flower
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.