Review: could Metoprolol succinate cause Overdose?
Summary: Overdose is found among people who take Metoprolol succinate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,389 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol succinate from FDA and social media. Among them, 144 have Overdose. Find out below who they are, when they have Overdose and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Overdose >>>
Metoprolol succinate has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 18,065 Metoprolol succinate users)
Overdose has been reported by people with pain, depression, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 51,404 Overdose patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 17,385 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol succinate. Among them, 144 people (0.83%) have Overdose.
Time on Metoprolol succinate when people have Overdose * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Overdose when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
Age of people who have Overdose when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
Severity of Overdose when taking Metoprolol succinate ** :
How people recovered from Overdose ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (15 people, 10.42%)
- Depression (13 people, 9.03%)
- Insomnia (10 people, 6.94%)
- Pain (9 people, 6.25%)
- Back pain (9 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (34 people, 23.61%)
- Furosemide (24 people, 16.67%)
- Omeprazole (22 people, 15.28%)
- Lisinopril (20 people, 13.89%)
- Zometa (19 people, 13.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metoprolol succinate and overdose on
Do you have Overdose while taking Metoprolol Succinate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Overdose
- support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate
- support group for people who have Overdose
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Gabapentin, Lorazepam, Hydrocortisone, Norco, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 43-year old woman with C4 Level, Addison's Disease, Pain, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Tachycardia, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Lactation - Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lansoprazole for a 59-year old woman with Pvd, Helicobacter Pylori Gastritis. The patient has Rash Generalised, Stomach Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Buspar, Wellbutrin Sr, Prilosec Otc, Toprol-xl, Adderall Xr 30 for a 43-year old woman with Anxiety, Depression, Indigestion, High Blood Pressure, Add. The patient has Raynaud's Phenomenon
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
Recent Metoprolol succinate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate, Toprol-xl for a 49-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Cardizem for a 94-year old man who has Heart Valve Incompetence
- Comparions of Atenolol, Metoprolol Tartrate, Metoprolol Succinate for a 49-year old man who has Heart Failure
- Comparions of Cozaar, Toprol-xl, Crestor for a 75-year old woman who has Key Flower
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.