Home > Metoprolol succinate > Overdose > Metoprolol succinate and Overdose
Review: could Metoprolol succinate cause Overdose?
Summary: Overdose is found among people who take Metoprolol succinate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 17,352 people who have side effects while taking Metoprolol succinate from FDA and social media. Among them, 144 have Overdose. Find out below who they are, when they have Overdose and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Overdose >>>
Metoprolol succinate (latest outcomes from 18,022 users) has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Overdose (latest reports from 51,392 patients) has been reported by people with pain, depression, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 17,352 people reported to have side effects when taking Metoprolol succinate. Among them, 144 people (0.83%) have Overdose.
Time on Metoprolol succinate when people have Overdose * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Overdose when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
Age of people who have Overdose when taking Metoprolol succinate * :
Severity of Overdose when taking Metoprolol succinate ** :
How people recovered from Overdose ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (15 people, 10.42%)
- Depression (13 people, 9.03%)
- Insomnia (10 people, 6.94%)
- Pain (9 people, 6.25%)
- Back pain (9 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (34 people, 23.61%)
- Furosemide (24 people, 16.67%)
- Omeprazole (22 people, 15.28%)
- Lisinopril (20 people, 13.89%)
- Zometa (19 people, 13.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Overdose while taking Metoprolol Succinate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate and have Overdose
- support group for people who take Metoprolol succinate
- support group for people who have Overdose
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can unexplained hypertension be cause by a partial thyroidectomy?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has BP 135/77 Even After Increasing Meds, and takes Acetaminophen, Fluticasone Propionate, Allegra D 24 Hour, Nexium, Valsartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Doc is trying to figure out why the BP suddenly spiked. I started an exercise regimen after a stress test. I had to be on Metoprolol just to pass the test. Results were no heart-related issues. Lost 6lbs. since starting exercise and don't know if this is Thyroidal or not. No discussion with the ...
- Can i take a cold medicing while taking metoprolol succinate er 25mg
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate)
Just want to know if can I take a cold medicine while Metoprolol Succinate ER 25mg
- Will taking dong quai interfere with the effectiveness of my nexplanon birth control implant?
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Nexplanon)
My cycle has been all over the place since getting my implant. I read Dong Quai could help with regulation but I worry it will alter the effectiveness of the birth control.
- What reactions do you have from flecainide metopralol
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Mouth Sores, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Metoprolol Succinate )
Since taking these 2 drugs I have had intermittent periods of acidy mouth with accompanying sores on my tongue. I also have periods of nightmares on a regular basic. I am taking these drugs because I have PVCs that were making me feel weak. I no longer have those problems but now have these others. ...
- Do you have gingival hyperplasia with gum inflamtiaon and loss of teeth?
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Teeth Falling Out, Gingival Hyperplasia, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate, Lisinopril)
Prolonged use of the above medicines has been identified with Gingival Hyperplasia and loss of almost all teeth. Only correction is total teeth replacement via implants etc. Too expensive and cannot afford.
More questions for: Metoprolol succinate, Overdose
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
More reviews for: Metoprolol succinate, Overdose
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Fluoxetine for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Itching, Urine Na+, Stools - Pale Or Clay Colored
Comments: I am wanting to find out if Prozac/Fluoxetine or Metroprolol can cause pancreatic cancer. I found out with the above symptoms that I had a blocked bile duct. In searching for the answers to these symptoms, it was discovered I had pancreatic cancer..a tumor on the head of my pancreas.
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Oxcarbazepine, Metoprolol Succinate, Simvastatin, Nexium, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Intermittent Explosive Disorder, Hypertension, Lower Cholesterol, Acid Reflux. The patient has Depression, Anger
Comments: I am concerned that my serotonin levels are dropping due to Amlodipine Besylate and Simvastatin. I have taken Lexapro (Escitalopram Oxalate),
Paxil (Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Prozac (Fluoxetine Hcl) in the past, not all at once and am considering returning to a serotonin reuptake inhibitors to re ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Heart Palpitations
Comments: Initially was given Metoprolol 25-50mg/day for high blood pressure 180/115. Was good and relaxed for about a week, then severe palpitations started to occur. Was taken off Metoprolol and put on Losartan 25-50mg/day and palpitations continued to be severe and frequent 2-5/day lasting a few minutes to ...
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Toprol-xl for a patient with PTSD, Familial Dysautonomia. The patient has Headache - Migraine With Aura
Comments: Had been feeling awful. Then I got a headache. the pain gets more severe if I bend over or move my head too quickly. I also am getting bad dizzy spells with this head ache and changes in my vision..such as loss of depth perception and blurred to tunnel vision.
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Sumatriptan, Metoprolol Succinate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tramadol for a patient with Nerve Pain, Migraine, Tachycardia, Insomnia, Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Frequent Bowel Movements, Depression, Menstruation Irregular, Tremor, Fatigue, Stomach Pain, Lightheadedness, Muscle Weakness, Shortness Of Breath, Tachycardia, Increased Tendency To Bruise, Slurred Speech, Short-term Memory Loss, Seizures, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain In Upper Left Rib That Goes Around To Back, Shoulder Blade, Neck Pain, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Migraine
Comments: My most severe symptoms would be the shortness of breath, muscle weakness and this chronic pain under my left rib that goes around to my back and up to my shoulder blade. Occasionally that pain will go to my left chest, clavicle and jaw. But all of my pain is on the left side. I have degenerative di ...
More related studies for: Metoprolol succinate, Overdose
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Abilify and Total Hip Replacement
- Kidney Transplant
- Muscular Weakness and Treanda
- Vitamin B17
- Garlic and Prednisone
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (2 hours ago)
- Has anyone had neck paine after taking yervoy? my cancer doctor has said it has not relatin to my treatment but i'm not so sure.
I finished with yervoy treatment about 2 months ago. I hav ... (3 hours ago)
- What is the time space for taking l-thyroxine and pantoprazole am dose
also taking Panioprazole in am forty-five minutes before b ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydroxyurea for a 36-year old woman who has Brain Mass (10 minutes ago)
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Homatropine Methylbromide, Prednisolone Acetate, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Lipitor, Synthroid, Temazepam, Xanax, Viibryd, Remeron, Wellbutrin Sr, Seroquel Xr for a 61-year old woman who has Chronic Eye Inflammation, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Hypothroid, Sleep, Anxiety, Depression, Depression (23 minutes ago)
- Oxcarbazepine, Alprazolam for a 38-year old woman who has Depression, Insomnia (1 hour ago)